Furnace pilot light won't stay lit

Rachel

1980 Dolphin duotherm heater

After lighting the pilot, following the instructions printed in the heater cover, it just blows out. The thermocouple is positioned well but the flame seems to evaporate after about 45 seconds as if it's not getting enough oxygen. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Rachel

Probably the thermocouple it's self. The flame heats it, it is what keeps it going if it's toes up the flame will just go out. 

The model number is 66012-001.

The only reason I'm reluctant to jump to the thermocouple is because it goes out while I'm holding the button in. It's my understanding that the couple should be bypassed at that stage and gas supply should remain steady while it heats up.

Thank you!

Hey Linda!

Where can I find manuals? Mine is not a direct spark ignition. It has a manual pilot light.

Also, I checked the thermocouple with a multimeter and it seems to be functioning properly - 30mV

That was the closest I could find. This vintage Winnebago site says it has manuals for 9 different Duo Therm  furnaces including pilot models but I have no intention of joining the site to see them. Post are very old too so don't know if the site is still active. Might be worth a try

Manuals, Diagrams & Articles - What we have (classicwinnebagos.com)

Linda S