Favorite auto repair places that work on small Toyota motorhomes.

We just retired and are lucky to take over the use (and costs) of my father-in-laws Toyota Dolphin, 1992, but the chassis is either 1990 (per father in law) or 1991 (per dealership), but not having much luck in finding places that can work on the clutch and brakes, (and was told by the Toyota dealership that we have to replace the timing belt every 6 years, and wondered about that frequency). I would love to hear about any auto repair shops that you use and can recommend, that will repair these small motor homes.  We are looking forward to driving it to all states, so any state info will be welcome.  

We thought the manual clutch was going out, as slipping when on hills, but the dealership said the clutch was fine.  Kinda scratching our heads about that one.  

Is your Toy a V-6 with a 5 speed transmission, you have a Unicorn Motor Home.

If things are slipping going up hill the clutch IS slipping!!! Why its slipping can be many problems, find a new shop.

2 hours ago, WME said:

Is your Toy a V-6 with a 5 speed transmission, you have a Unicorn Motor Home.

If things are slipping going up hill the clutch IS slipping!!! Why its slipping can be many problems, find a new shop.

Yes, it is a 3 L V-6 manual transmission, 5 speed.  Now I need to learn why its a Unicorn.  

2 hours ago, linda s said:

This place has a 5 star rating and says on it's website it does motorhomes. Get that clutch checked out

Automotive Vehicle Service and Repairs by Experienced Technicians - Puyallup Transmission Co | Puyallup, WA

Linda S

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, MaineJed said:

If your traveling on the Maine coast check out Searsport Motor Company. 

I hope to visit Maine, its on my list.