Chinook Rv

TheGingaNinja93

I try very hard to be helpful and nice to everyone on this site and this is going to sound pretty mean. I have a sincere interest in preserving these old special campers. I have seen many Chinook campers see a new life on a newer truck, usually a 4x4, and the nicest conversion I have ever seen was on a full sized Chevy truck. That said turning a Chinook into a trailer? YUK

Sorry

Linda S

• 1 month later...

I understand wanting to preserve them and respect that as your opinion but if you have no desire to answer the question I posed you don’t need to respond... The reason I was contemplating a trailer was to save this particular chinook from going to the dump and crushed. The cab is destroyed and has no title and is not worth saving. Plus you haven’t seen my plans and have no idea if if would be yuk or something outside of the box and neat. As my momma always said if you don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say anything at all. 

Think of this site as a mini Facebook or Twitter. Step out of line and you will be banned for life.  It was a great resource for me as long as I kept it on topic. Swallowing the imperialism and a thick skin are required- more please tastes great! 
That being said taking a shell and making a camper out of it, if that is your desire does in fact trump having it destroyed. 
I am all for saving these as long as you share what you Learned. I remember several years ago after I gave a guy crap for installing a mega V8 into one of these trucks; but now looking back who cares. Do what you want. 

if I have offended anyone, my apologies, send me to the bucket.

if not I will post again next year to check in on the maturity level again which appears to decrease each year.

-Totem

To Totem

How strange. No one ever banned you. You act like this a site to be avoided but you responded so quickly you must read it every day. I have also used some of your projects as shining examples of how to do things. I spend hundreds of hours every week finding parts for people and helping in any way I can. Yes a brand new member who gave me attitude ticked me off. Hey I'm human, sometimes we get ticked off. I've never held it against you.

Linda S

I think this site is great. Everyone who has been here a while knows Linda is extremely helpful and resourceful. I have expressed opinions on here which I welcome criticism of as we will all disagree. Who cares if Linda doesn't like your trailer idea. Run with it; its just something that likely has not come up here before. 

p.s. immaturity can be fun, and nay saying has sparked many great ideas!

Linda S. Makes this site the premier Toyota motorhome go to resource.

Thank you Linda !!!!!!!!

Actually, my post and login activity are here for all to see and note I dropped off the face of the planet... I used to like posting and sharing, but slowed down because everyone is so dang sensitive about everything;  was not aimed at you Linda, per say, but apparently you seem to think it was. I dropped by to check on leaky roof strategy for sunraders and immediately I saw the same old stuff, with people being rude. I haven’t logged in in quite some time but my advice if it is even worth anything to everyone is this:

People will forget what you did but they will never forget how you made them feel.

I used to hate that saying; but now I get it.

Again, my apologies to the guy that put a Lexus V8 Into a toy. I was wrong to have a negative opinion like that.