Hello again!

roadtriprachel

If you don’t have to deal with emissions testing a Weber 32/36 carburetor is the way to go. Factory carbs are notorious for having problems. Forgot a rebuild kit unless your a mechanical engineer and have good rebuild tools. The kits are cheap, but use a zillion small parts. I tried that route, then gave up.

I got my carb through Weber Carbs Direct. Cheaper then redline and work well. Be sure to order the manifold adapter with it. They carry both 20R and 22R adapters. Try to find a one piece adapter if possible. The stack adapters are difficult to get a good vacuum seal.

Great to hear your update, Rachel, and thanks for posting some of your photos.

Also, that dog is super cool. Always good to have a buddy on the road, especially when traveling alone!

• 7 months later...
On 1/12/2021 at 10:54 AM, Ctgriffi said:

Great to hear your update, Rachel, and thanks for posting some of your photos.

Also, that dog is super cool. Always good to have a buddy on the road, especially when traveling alone!

Thanks!!  My dog totally changed life on the road.  He is incredible!

On 1/12/2021 at 10:39 AM, fred heath said:

If you don’t have to deal with emissions testing a Weber 32/36 carburetor is the way to go. Factory carbs are notorious for having problems. Forgot a rebuild kit unless your a mechanical engineer and have good rebuild tools. The kits are cheap, but use a zillion small parts. I tried that route, then gave up.

I got my carb through Weber Carbs Direct. Cheaper then redline and work well. Be sure to order the manifold adapter with it. They carry both 20R and 22R adapters. Try to find a one piece adapter if possible. The stack adapters are difficult to get a good vacuum seal.

Thank you Fred!  My carb project has been on hold for months... but when I'm able to get back to it, I'll hop on the webs and post updates / ask for help too I'm sure!  Hahaha.