1982 tail lights, rt brake and signal to

cannante

I was having problems with the tail lights, but both brake lights and signals worked in the back.

Now the right brake light and signal don't work at all

So I'm only on the road due to the good graces of people in the town that are being helpful with getting me places to go and stay what have you.

Someone spent 3 hours on it trying to find the problem and said it's definitely not going to ground it's new LED lights

instead of finding where it doesn't go to ground I'm thinking of just rewiring the whole thing since inside it's gutted with no electricity and I'm perfectly happy creating a new system there at a later date I just want the tail lights to work now

How do I connect new wires from the turn signal and the brake and the tail lights to a set of trailer lights that I want to fix on the back

I am going to try just bypassing all the old wiring and putting in trailer lights.

Does anyone have a diagram for a 1982 sunrader? I'm pretty sure it's relatively simple and you just connect to the wires that come out of the turn signal, which includes the tail lights and the turn/brake signal

I'm literally trapped in a Publix parking lot in Florida so any amount of speed would be appreciated!

On 1/7/2021 at 11:06 AM, MaineJed said:

Can’t help you with a diagram but your right in just tying into the tail lights, quite easy even in a parking lot. Good luck

I want to replace the tail lights wiring entirely though so I would start at the steering column and the turn indicator, right?

I am replacing the LED replacement lights with trailer lights because the LEDs aren't getting because the LEDs aren't getting to ground 

Sorry that wasn't clear

I think you might be in the market for a tail light converter to go from the Toyota 3 bulb system to a trailer light 2 bulb system.

Looks like this ...https://www.zoro.com/buyers-products-hd-tail-light-converter-6-amp-5423203/i/G9111459/