I've replaced the stove vent fan with a computer fan, good air movement and a bunch quieter. Made a plexiglass plate shroud for the bath vent, stock fan but it would move more air.

Also I put 2 fans in the vent stack for the refer, hooked them up to a thermal switch. Makes a great difference in 100 degree temps. I've also seen them mounted in the lower vent doors. 

Edited by WME

• 4 weeks later...

I replaced the tiny bathroom fan with Heng's Vortex II fan.  Not as low cost as computer fans, but much cheaper alternative than a Fantastic or Maxxair fan.  A buddy has it on its travel trailer and introduced me to it.

https://www.amazon.com/Hengs-Industries-90046CR-Replacement-501-1099/dp/B00DPJ3RDA/ref=asc_df_B00DPJ3RDA/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312089957955&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7665009931220081125&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031212&hvtargid=pla-570924433398&psc=1

2 hours ago, htioki said:

I replaced the tiny bathroom fan with Heng's Vortex II fan.  Not as low cost as computer fans, but much cheaper alternative than a Fantastic or Maxxair fan.  A buddy has it on its travel trailer and introduced me to it.

https://www.amazon.com/Hengs-Industries-90046CR-Replacement-501-1099/dp/B00DPJ3RDA/ref=asc_df_B00DPJ3RDA/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312089957955&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7665009931220081125&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031212&hvtargid=pla-570924433398&psc=1

so you would recommend it? any complaints? 

I've use their fan before. Its great for bathrooms, because of the size of the space. But they don't move as much air as the Fantastic Fans do, so they struggle trying to vent the whole RV. 

The Heng's is 188 CFM and a Maxxair is around 900 CFM. So the Heng's is running full speed and being noisy. While the Maxxair is loafing an low speed and moving more air.

• 1 year later...
On 1/4/2021 at 10:20 PM, WME said:

I've replaced the stove vent fan with a computer fan, good air movement and a bunch quieter. Made a plexiglass plate shroud for the bath vent, stock fan but it would move more air.

Also I put 2 fans in the vent stack for the refer, hooked them up to a thermal switch. Makes a great difference in 100 degree temps. I've also seen them mounted in the lower vent doors. 

Well, I thought that cpu fans was an idea that I would be introducing to others! Nonetheless,  seeing that I'm not the only one does give me a little reassurance that it was a good idea, especially when you look at the CFM:Amp draw ratio! And, best of all, virtually silent.