Upgrade my L43 (78’ 20R) thinking G54, thoughts, experience, sourcing help?

need to swap my L43, burned up after being over weighted and was scratchy for a long while and then just turned angry wet cat, then I found a bearing in my foamy 90w 😕

I’ve seen a few places that the G54 is a straight across drop in plus 5sp crossmember swap. I like the idea of having 5 gears although the 5th would be rare, I also like that all the gears are slightly lower meaning my engine will have a break compared to another L43. I was hoping this would happen in a few years after I recouped finances after traveling. I was planning to convert everything bassicly, over to diesel and 4x4, but either of these would be way more than I have funds now... 😕

Any suggestions on the swap would be great or sourcing parts. I’m leaning towards just doing a marlin order with my core for a refund. There may be some slight shaving in this oil change, but I feel like that’s the first I’ve ever seen so I’m hoping the missing bearing will be my only deduction in funds...