Hot water heater is leaking! Please help

Ajsurf1

Well,

My hot water tank is leaking into the coach at a very slow rate. I haven't isolated the leak yet but is there any info on where they typically leak from and a good fix for it. I'm thinking of throwing a bypass on it until I find out how to fix it. Is there a good place online to buy one if I need to?

Thanks,

AJ

I suspect it wasn't winterized at some point and it expanded from freezing. Previous owner of mine said his leaked but also the tank swelled twice the size. They had to cut it out of it's frame to get it out. Luckily for me I have his new one that is insulated really nice with hot/cold bypass cutoff for winterizing.

Cheers,

Gary

Do you have clear access to where the pipes go into and out of the water heater. If it's wet near the pipes it might be a leak there that can be fixed. If it's wet down closer to the floor your probably going to need a new water heater. 

Linda S

You can use a tankless they suck up a lot of electricity and won't do a bit of good without being plugged in. The problem with older water heaters they tend to get pin holes in the bottom of the tanks.

Here's the size you need on ebay. Preowned but almost  new and very close to you. Shipping will be much cheaper and maybe they would let you pick it up. Bidding right now is only 200 bucks and there's only a day left. Might be worth a try 

Suburban SW6D 6 gal hot water heater. LP gas for RV, travel trailer, motorhome | eBay

Linda S