Hey,

My exhaust pipe on my 85 Toyota Dolphin rattles at low rpms. Wondering how any body would fix it? Could I use zip ties or do you think it will get too hot? Jb weld? Or should I have it tacked back on with a welder?

Thanks for your help,

AJ

If you attach the exhaust pipe to the frame with out a rubber isolator the noise will drive you nuts. There are 2 types of universal muffler hangers.

One has 1/4" bars welded to the frame and the exhaust pipe and uses a rubber donut to hang the pipe.

The other looks like this...https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/walker-5231/exhaust-parts-16469/exhaust-hanger-12218/afc4f7bc96d3/walker-exhaust-system-hanger/35103/4786574?q=exhaust+muffler+hanger&pos=2

.You use a regular muffler to clamp it to exhaust pipe.

Hey  Linda and WME thanks for getting back to me on this. WME what's do you mean by using a regular muffler to attach it to the exhaust pipe? Would you use a metal strap?

Here's a hanger strap that comes with the exhaust pipe attachment. Any auto parts store will have an assortment but this is Napa. Got to be one near you and 5 bucks. You must have a hanger broken somewhere. Try to find the section that moves the most to install a new one. Or buy more than one to be sure

Exhaust Hanger - Universal EXH 36272 | Buy Online - NAPA Auto Parts (napaonline.com)

Linda S

This is the clamp used to attache the hanger to the muffler pipe. ..https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/EXT34212?keywordInput=2.5%26%23034%3b+exhaust+pipe+clamp

Linda's suggestion is good too.

Thank you. I found where the original hangar weld was busted and removed it from the rubber hanger. I jimmy rigged it with a metal coat hangar for now but orders a new hangar from Napa that should do the trick