What type of water filter are you running?

Ajsurf1

None, but we drink and cook with bottled water. The rv water is for dish and people washing.

None here as well. For short trips it's a couple gallons of water from the house tap for drinking. We only use rv/camp water for the people stuff.

I installed a PUR filter at the Kitchen faucet, purchased from Walmart for about $25. Used it for some time and had to remove it to fix a leak at this faucet. I have not put it back since. It is sort of bulky and in the way. But does work well.

Otherwise used bottled water for cooking and stored water for miscellaneous.

Thanks for the replies. To be honest I'm a little shocked that the three of you don't use 2 water filtration as bottled water seems to add to our degradation of the environment. But I suppose filters add to landfills as well. I for one don't have room to keep bottled water for drinking around, but I do have a 19 gallon fresh water tank. So it seems logical to me to filter that water in order to drink. 

I have an R/O unit at home, the counter top 2.5 gallon  bottles are easily refilled.

Your onboard fresh water tank will add its own taste to your fresh water supply.

On 12/7/2020 at 1:36 PM, Ajsurf1 said:

Thanks for the replies. To be honest I'm a little shocked that the three of you don't use 2 water filtration as bottled water seems to add to our degradation of the environment.

I've been using the same refillable containers now for several years and they are recyclable, so your filters are polluting the environment not us. 😉 We typically camp remotely in the high desert mountain for several days so 3 people =3 gallons of drinking water per day. So 21 gallons of drinking water on a typical trip. You cannot support that with an onboard water system. Besides I've see some nasty water coming out of some campsite lines that a filtration system would never filter out. Plus your typical 30 year old tanks and water lines, hell who knows what they are caked with.

Go for it and enjoy the taste.

Gary 

Edited by Gary_M
Correction

On 12/7/2020 at 1:36 PM, Ajsurf1 said:

Thanks for the replies. To be honest I'm a little shocked that the three of you don't use 2 water filtration as bottled water seems to add to our degradation of the environment. But I suppose filters add to landfills as well. I for one don't have room to keep bottled water for drinking around, but I do have a 19 gallon fresh water tank. So it seems logical to me to filter that water in order to drink. 

There are ways you do not add to landfill. I use a 20 years old 5 Gallon Coleman jug and couple of Gallon Juice containers which my grand-kids emptied out. I have been using them over and over depending on the length of the outing. I have a filtration system in my house and fill up these containers. It is little extra work but has worked well for me so far. As I said before I also have a PUR filter which attaches to the faucet but it was in the way and have not used it for a while. 

My water container is not  a throw away holds 2.5 gal from my artesian well. My water tank is used to showers, dish washing and the toilet. i 

Thank you for the input. I realize that each of us must decide what our own levels of environmental degradation are and I'm trying to leave as small of footprint as I can. I just wish there was a simple solution to the all important issue of drinking water.