Help my roof is leaking. What should I use?

gringostar

Hi. My roof is leaking after a massive storm in Louisiana. The next day I went to HD and got Henry's Wet Patch roof repair. It stopped the leak but it's still soft and gooey. I read the manufacturer instructions and it says it never fully hardens. People have asked me what the roof is made of. I don't know. It's a 1986 Mini Cruiser. I think it's fiberglass over wood? What should I use to fix the leak or should I just be happy with the gooey Henry's? 

Well you should have bought some white elastomeric roof seal. Available everywhere cause they use it on Mobile homes too. Trouble now is you would have to remove all of the Henry's. I have used that Henry's stuff on my house cause white wouldn't have looked right on a real house roof. I also didn't read the instructions before. Not only didn't it dry, it leaked again in weeks. Big job scraping it all off. 

Linda S

• 2 weeks later...

Linda your memory is better than mine there was a guy that did his entire roof with some thing kind of material kind of remember it was a dark color it looked absolutely professional I tried a search and didn't turn up any thing. 

1 hour ago, Maineah said:

Linda your memory is better than mine there was a guy that did his entire roof with some thing kind of material kind of remember it was a dark color it looked absolutely professional I tried a search and didn't turn up any thing. 

I think that was the guy who did his roof with the truck bedliner . 

Linda S

• 2 weeks later...

hellow everyone i hope ever.one is staying safe . my son has a metal roof single wide . bought for near nothing .had pinholes in the roof . he bought some white coating from western matirals  in a five gallon can . very costly mabe 350 dollors not a latex solvent based stunk to high heven  stays very flexable  . and after trying                       many other products is staying dry . the company said they used too sell latex types . this stuff is way mor flexable. high grade .