Isuzu Rodeo 4WD Diesel Camper

Gary_M

I don't understand why no one is importing them from Europe. There were quite a few manufacturers who made similar campers around the same time in Germany and Italy. They would be left hand drive. Only the wiring for shore hookups and power center would need to be redone from 220 to 110. Most of the camper stuff is still 12 volt like here

Linda S

10 minutes ago, linda s said:

I don't understand why no one is importing them from Europe.

I suspect there is little profit to be made for resellers, Japan is a different story. Japan frowns on used vehicles more than 5 years or older and everyone has a newer vehicle pretty much. The cost of inspection and license fees for an older vehicle is 3 times the cost of having a new vehicle done, insurance is double. They force you to get a new one. So Japan ends up with a massive lot of used vehicles that they cannot sell. Importing and reselling is a good profit in this case. Also motor homes in Japan are a rarity and only for the rich so you'll see many of these imported as the common folk cannot afford or have the space to keep one.

We owned a 3 cylinder Suzuki Joy-Pop micro van back in the days of living in the rising sun. We tried to get it shipped to the states when we moved but the US government said the glass was not safety glass. Made sense I guess, maybe things have changed.

Gary 

Well Germany is the same. Every year your vehicle tax goes up. Don't know about Italy. Think things have changed as far as motorhomes in Japan too. I try to catch the Japan RV show online every year, Youtube.

JAPAN camping car show 2019 ジャパンキャンピングカーショー - YouTube

Amazing little RV's that anyone could afford. Place to put it is another thing.

Linda S