Derek

linda s

So I think it's time to inform you about Derek's absence. He let me know in late August that he was seriously ill. His last post here was Sept 13 and it came from an IP address in Montreal. I'm guessing that's where he went for treatment. I have emailed him quite a few times and called hospitals and other treatment centers in the Montreal area and have found out nothing. Canadians are apparently much more protective of peoples privacy and most wouldn't even talk to me. I don't know where else to look. If any of our Canadian members have a better idea please let me know. I am beyond upset and worried. We have been such a good team all these years, I will be lost without him. Pray he comes back to us.

Thank you

Linda S

I'm without words...My prayers go out to Derek. He always looked out for us, he was very safety conscious and would let you know when you crossed the line, I respected him for that as he kept many of us out of trouble.

You be sorely missed

Gary

Thanks for letting us know Linda. It's a strange thing for an old guy like me, this having a friend "on line" stuff.

I have been involved in this forum about 10 years and Derek helped me through so many difficult problems, yet I never got to meet the man. 

In one of the many 'How To Fix Anything' books I collected over the years, there was this fixit guy's prayer at the end of the book.  It reminds me of Derek for some obvious reasons and I hope including it here offends no one.  PS I hope he likes the new title Derek Further Up North.

BR,

TG

1774739687_FixitguyII.jpg.8f086e649cbaa9c436e4ca5a7528f7e4.jpg

It was especially hard for us, a few year ago Derek came down to Maine to camp on our land it was a very enjoyable visit we got to swap a lot of good stories and tall tales.

I keep hoping for Derek to pop up and repeat Mark Twain's quote about his demise.

I don't know what to say. I thought I had exhausted all options trying to find him or what happened to him. Months of emails ignored. Doesn't sound to optimistic but I hope he's not in too much pain and comfortable. Derek if you ever log on here again people here care about you as you can see from this thread. You were very important to a lot of people. You made a difference

Linda 

I'm a newbie here since late July when I purchased my Toyhome.  When I searched this website for a specific issue, I always found Derek's past posts insightful.  My prayers go out to Derek. 

When I first saw the start of this post, I am sure I felt the same sense of sadness that a lot of us felt.....even online you can get a "feel" for some people and when I first bought my Huntsman, Derek's posts were some of the more entertaining that I read to help "educate" me.

I am so glad (and hope he knows/hears/finds out) that he is thought of fondly and missed from his "family" here.

Glad he isn't DUN yet so he can come back and continue to be D.U.N!