Who uses their shower? Got a good shower curtain?

Tired of using RV Park showers.  Anyone use their shower?    What's a good shower curtain to get?  The shower curtain in there right now touches the floor.  Physics would suggest that water will get all over the floor?  Tips and tricks for using the shower?

I do, not long hot showers even if I'm connected to water because of the gray tank, showers use a lot of water I have no issues. 

Water on for a quick rinse, water off and scrub down, water on and rinse fast! Save that fresh water and save the grey filling too quickly. 

With the small space of the shower/ bathroom, it holds steam in really well which makes turning the water off while cleaning nice, it’s like a mini sauna! 

The following pertains to our 1984 Dolphin before we sold it.

Dolphin shower worked well, but made sure shower handle was one with an on/off button to start/stop flow.

My wife always used the shower, I usually used the RV park shower.  These days with Covid concerns, I would use the onboard shower.  

Shower curtain management was vital to keep water from escaping the pan area onto the floor.   We kept a "bathmat" towel on the floor to absorb any water that escaped, just in case.  We also used a squeegee to dry the walls and keep things spotless.

I built a lip of plastic at the corner where water was most likely to escape.   Junk plastic trimmed to fit, and stuck on with the gunk used to seal seams.  It could be removed if it ever got funky, so that no holes were drilled in the pan or wall.

When and if dry camping, there is a shower trick we used, even back in the day with a family motorhome camping in national forest campgrounds.  Each kid got a 2 liter diet coke bottle full of warm water to rinse down with.  The lid had 3 holes drilled into it.   That's the ration for a daily shower.  OK,  you could use 2 if needed, but it seemed to work.  Eventually we pulled into a real rV part where we could waste more water.   But for dry camping it helped us stay for a couple or three nights.  

We don't like to go a day without a warm shower.   That's just how we roll.

3 hours ago, Odyssey 4x4 said:

Water on for a quick rinse, water off and scrub down, water on and rinse fast! Save that fresh water and save the grey filling too quickly. 

With the small space of the shower/ bathroom, it holds steam in really well which makes turning the water off while cleaning nice, it’s like a mini sauna! 

Agree, that's what we would have to do on ship when we had water rations. The Navy shower we call it!

3 hours ago, Gary_M said:

Agree, that's what we would have to do on ship when we had water rations. The Navy shower we call it!

Navy shower or the P.T.A. shower haha

On 11/9/2020 at 2:11 PM, gringostar said:

Tips and tricks for using the shower?

It helps to be a hobbit. 😆

I recently restored our shower area with Nudo® textured FRP panels and a new curtain. (Cutting those panels to fit well, with their multiple, irregular angles was a real bear...) Really, most any shower curtain will do, as long as it's water-repellent—and, of course you'll need to do some tailoring for width/height. My curtain needed a slight curve too, on the back corner, to match the rear wall. After adding some new curtain rings and a few snaps, it's good as new. We can get two quick showers (not Navy showers, necessarily) on a full tank of fresh, but that's about it.

Curtain link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073J9KB9F

ctgriffi-shower-reno.jpg.fa2b98acffdfc559966a15581b219832.jpg