Getting wheels balanced tomorrow, lug removal direction question (righty tighty lefty loosey)

I've read on this forum about reverse threaded lug nuts on certain RV models (NOT righty tighty lefty loosey).  Can someone please confirm that my RV's (1989 Micro Spirit Dually) lugs are removed and put back conventionally (righty tighty lefty loosey). Don't want the impact wrench at the tire shop get it wrong without me warming them.

And one other questions about the house battery.  I bought and installed a brand new Everstart, which lights the light just fine, and runs the water pump just fine.  Should it/can it (the house battery), provide juice to the electrical sockets? For a small TV, small fan, and electric radio for example.

(I tried the sockets today on the fully charged house battery and the  12 inch TV, small fan, and electric radio did not work)

Thanks!

Edited by ATXBreeze

Your 12V coach battery will not power your AC outlets, no... due to the 12V vs 120V thing; two different systems that exist in your RV which are not directly compatible (covered earlier in your other thread on the subject).

The caveat: if you were to purchase an “inverter” and connect it to your 12V coach battery, you could power some 120V AC devices like a small TV, radio or fan, depending on the capacity of the inverter. Just to clarify, the inverter (not to be confused with “converter”!) takes 12V direct current and produces 120V AC power that can be used to run standard household devices.

100w solar panel will solve a lot of your problems, dry camping. A long term answer is a 3000w generator. It will run everything.

As far as an inverter to power your outlets, Linda is right, with your size battery its not a good idea. Go to 12v stuff

Just to give you an idea of whats going on. A 1000w microwave uses about 10 amps when its running on shore power. IF you had a 2000w watt inverter and tried to run the microwave, the inverter would draw over 100 amps from your house battery. 12v into 120 v is about a 10 to 1 ratio. If you had a high discharge battery it would run the micro for about 20 min until the battery was exhausted. It would take a 100w solar panel 2 DAYS to recharge the battery. If you used your lights, vent fans, and water pump, your looking at 3 days to recharge your battery. All that for a TV dinner and couple of bags of popcorn.

Verbiage... converter, it takes 120v ac (shore power) and makes 12v dc to power all your RV stuff. 

... inverter, it takes 12v dc (house battery)and makes it 120v ac, AKA substitute shore power, to run large house hold appliances, like a microwave or roof AC. A large inverter would run your roof AC for about 10 min before the battery dies and needs a 2 day recharge.

Edited by WME

Yes you can power your outlets with an inverter if you plug your RV cable into it. Now here is where the trouble starts the first thing that will happen your on board battery charger will try to charge the battery neat trick if it could work but all the while it was charging the battery it would be taking power from it! Second problem is current draw from a battery every thing 120 volt plugged into a inverter the load is a hit on the battery by a factor of 10 so a 1 amp 120V load becomes a 10 amp load on the 12 volt battery! Want to save power in your RV? Replace every light bulb with LED's I have a camper trailer with every light on (13) it drew 23 amps from the battery! I replaced all of the lamps with LED's the power consumption dropped to 3.8 amps. If you reduced your 12 volts loads you could go indefinitely with a 100 watt solar panel. 

Hi, I'm in Austin also. I'm south, in the Davis / Brodie area. I was recently looking for somewhere to balance my wheels and had a hard time finding anywhere that would do it and had a machine that has a large enough "cone" adapter for our wheels. I tried Discount Tire, NTB and a lot of used tire places that all said no. I ended up at Walmart who did it but the process was not easy. Most recommended going to a truck tire place, I think there's one in Kyle. Please let me know if you find a better option!

NeilP, I just got all 6 of my tires rotated and balanced at the Discount Tire shop on Ben White.  (512) 443-2616, ask for Tim (the manager)  $84 for all 6.

Edited by ATXBreeze
SIX tires, not five :)

I was turned away from Discount Tire on Slaughter and Manchaca and about 6 of the used tire places. I guess I'll try that Discount Tire location when I need them balanced again. Thanks for letting me know!