What Filon to Plywood Adhesive???

Hi- I am just starting my renovation project and am trying to find out what kind of adhesive to use to fasten Filon to plywood/lauan. I rebuilt my back wall and the original corrugated fiberglass is pretty trashed. I already tried Weldwood water-based contact cement but it was very thin and didn't have the sticking capacity I need. The Filon is cut to fit but is slightly bowed so I need something that's gonna stick tight quick and then I call roll the air bubbles out of it.

Thanx

OregonSteve

"Never never doubt what nobody is sure about." -Willy Wonka

PXL_20201020_014719738.MP.jpg

I do indeed plan on using the 3M 1357, I've got a few gallons in the shop waiting for Florida humidity to drop a bit lower for my best chances of adhesion. I've talked to multiple RV repair shops and marine builders as well and they say 1357 is one of the best. It's just not cheap. Like most contact cement adhesive types, you only get one shot to put the piece of filon on, once the pieces touch, they are there! 

• 2 months later...

I have been looking into this for an upcoming project.   Starbond is the best and recommended by filon manufacturer.   Over $300 gallon it does not get used by DIY'er often!   Araldite, is often mentioned,  they have so many products I cannot figure which one is used on filon??