Do I winterize if I'm driving across the USA?

Hi 

I'm driving across the USA. It's getting cold. I stay at RV parks and hook up every night. I have a space heater that keeps it really warm inside.  Do I need to winterize? I stay one week and drive on the weekends, usually Sunday. 

Edited by gringostar

Well sorta, depending on the actual temp. Your fresh water tank is inside so opening storage doors and under sink doors will keep things from freezing. Your holding tanks are out side so need a bit of help. With an empty tank pour in a few of cups of straight antifreeze. This will help protect the slide valves. Then flush with a mix of antifreeze and water. A 30 degrees 20% antifreeze is OK increase ratio as the temp drops. At 0 degrees you should be @ 50%. Below 0 degrees you should drain fresh water tank and use bottled water for cooking.

With shore power to run an electric heater I've actually "camped" at -35 with out damage. But both heaters had to be running.

21 hours ago, WME said:

Well sorta, depending on the actual temp. Your fresh water tank is inside so opening storage doors and under sink doors will keep things from freezing. Your holding tanks are out side so need a bit of help. With an empty tank pour in a few of cups of straight antifreeze. This will help protect the slide valves. Then flush with a mix of antifreeze and water. A 30 degrees 20% antifreeze is OK increase ratio as the temp drops. At 0 degrees you should be @ 50%. Below 0 degrees you should drain fresh water tank and use bottled water for cooking.

With shore power to run an electric heater I've actually "camped" at -35 with out damage. But both heaters had to be running.

Thank you very helpful!  I wouldn't have thought about that.  

Parked and heated you are probably fine, while moving so does the water in the tanks that makes them less likely to freeze. Drive the southern route don't come to Maine in the depths of winter! If the camper doesn't freeze you will!