Couch base picture needed 93 Itasca

I need to locate the base for my jack knife couch. I have a 93 itasca 321RB.

Couch is located on driver's side

Seems the fella that took couch out may have misplaced, I may have misplaced, or the upholsterer misplaced.

Just need to know what it looks like, so I can look around easier.  I am told it is angle iron. 

The wood around the couch base is OK

Please assist as soon as you can.

Thanks in Advance!

pv2

Looks like you've gotten no responses so I will try to help. Pic of jackknife sofa

image.jpeg.7b527cd210cf81abe387cd123dc4529c.jpeg

So you must still have the frame that gets upholstered because you had that done

That frame goes directly on the wood base you still have so the only thing that could be missing are the hinges that attach it

and make the whole thing work. They are not small and I can't imagine anyone losing them but here are replacements for them

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Thomas-Payne/195-000109.html?feed=npn&gclid=CjwKCAjwlbr8BRA0EiwAnt4MToIqM0-Wv1euTA-EPRo2MU3gQCoSgs_0fj0DIHlpdJPLu_LtTpVEGBoCTFcQAvD_BwE

Same place has the left side hinge too. 

This site shows how it's attached to the wood

https://liveworkdream.com/2019/07/17/rv-office-remodel-remove-couch/

If anyone here with a Winnie would please take a few minutes to snap a shot of the sofa lifted so he can see it the workings I would appreciate it. 

Also pv2, if you can post a pic and show what you have left and your wood base would be good

Linda S

I have the same model and year camper, except mine is the 321RL with the L-shape  dinette . I can take some pics of the entire couch if that helps. I've attached the year model brochure which has pics and dimensions as well. 

93-Spirit-bro.pdf

Thanks kindly, I

have taken photos of what I have as they are slowly creeping into my email box and will past them here.

I have had the wood around the outside/ base all upholstered as well as the couch in a grey to match the front seats.

Any minute now I hope!!  Here they are

20201018_175442.jpg

20201020_141943.jpg

20201020_141933.jpg

20201018_175433.jpg

so does the couch lay directly on the wooden frame and fastened in? or are there metal mounts which fit in between the couch and frame?

The hinge is mounted directly on the wood and the sofa attaches to that. I take it your hinges are missing. If not you should be able to install it. Maybe you should show us what you have so we know what your working with. The hinges I posted have square ends so you could support the sofa more with square tubing across the frame if you want to. Most hardware stores have it in stock

Linda S

So are these the hinges that you're speaking of Linda? They are always on the couch between the halves of the bed . I see they have Bolt holes in them but I don't see where on the existing wood where one would fasten them through. Is there another hinge that I'm not aware of? The way I was reading your earlier response it seems to me that it is either the hinge that attaches between the halves of the couch or it is a hinge that attaches between the base on the couch frame and the wood box below or directly to the floor. I'm still in a little bit of Unknowing.

Edited by pv2
I did not fully edit and wanted to add additional clarification

I was hoping Neil would let us know what his looks like. Like I said I don't have a sofa like that. I did remove one for a friend thought and it was attached directly to the wood. No extra metal frame. I know plenty of members have sofas like this. Just need one of you to show us a pic of the attachments 

Linda S

Just lift the seat part so we can see where it's attached. That would be great.

thank you

Linda

and are there any metal brackets under there other than the hinges. Support brackets of some kind. Also is the anymore wood framing that he doesn't have in his. PV2 framing looks kind of flimsy

P22 shows some of this ; however, not the exact pieces.  3, 4, 5 is what I have.

Thanks Linda, Neil P

image.png.d0e816f719fe8ac99126cf99cf8bb597.pngimage.png.d0e816f719fe8ac99126cf99cf8bb597.png

Edited by pv2

Looks like we are getting closer.  I was looking around on the web and also on the web site and did not see the brackets/braces/supports I was hoping to see.

Hopefully Neil P can get us squared away

Much thanks

I took my 1991 toyhome apart two years ago.

When I went to reinstall the couch I had the same problem. I did not remember and could not find what supported the couch.

I ended up ripping some 2x4s in half and making my own.

On the right side facing the couch it is self supporting in the left I put a bracket on the outer wall as It goes over the wheel well.20201022_075353.jpg.1622f496e2b74b0d95d133567e00ce8c.jpg

20201022_075302.jpg

20201022_075345.jpg

Apologies for the slower than expected reply. I am attaching a few pics that I think are what you wanted - please le me know what you need if further pics will help. 

sofa1.jpg

sofa2.jpg

sofa3.jpg

sofa4.jpg