Will a modified power inverter be enough for my Chinese diesel heater, or do I have to have pure sine wave?

canadasunrader

Will a modified power inverter be enough for my Chinese diesel heater, or do I have to have pure sine wave?
Will a modified inverter overheat the motor in this little heater, or will it be just fine?

Edited by canadasunrader
heater

What model heater??

I thought most of these heaters were 12v

Thanks Linda.
Obviously I know absolutely nothing about electrical.
I am just now pricing out my solar plan for the Sunrader and am comparing the pure wave with the modified.
Price is double.
And reading about the modified, the concern is appliances etc with a motor.
I don't have a fridge, microwave or AC so I am probably going with the inexpensive inverter [for now].

What your saying is that the heater can just run off the house battery?

Rick

Not sure what that heater is. But it's 12v. You don't need an inverter. The only problem iv come across that may need a pure sin. Is an induction cook top. Everything else. Fridge microwave.tv. AC. Is fine with any inverter. I would not plug in a desktop computer to one.   For solar. 200 watts is more then we need on a good day.  With 1 100ah batt.   How much are you putting in?  And what's your battery set up. 

No you don't get it. Pure sine wave and 12 volt are not mutually compatible. There is no such thing. It only applies when your converting that 12 volt to 110. He does not need to do that, he needs the 12 volt straight from the battery

Linda S

That heater runs on 12v DC, just hook it to your battery