Can anyone help walk me through installing new AGM house Batteries?!

Livingformountains

Good afternoon everyone—

Please keep in mind that I am learning how to get this done—from zero experience.  
I will get someone who knows what they’re doing to help IF I do not feel like I can do it.

I have recently purchased & began renovating my 85 Toyota SunLand Express.   Had someone “helping” me with a good bit of it but he isn’t anymore. 
After he left, I posted a question w/a picture on Facebook about the battery setup & found out the batteries used were not the right kind.  
Now that I’m doing this myself, I could use some help!  
I’ve watched everything I can find on YouTube about but I’m still confused!!

How do I setup my new battery/batteries (if I wind up going with 2)? 
can I set them up like it already is (in the picture) or do I need to add or change anything? 
Here’s what I know (not much unfortunately):

• I do not have solar.

• I’m hooked to the alternator.

• I believe he wired it up to hook the fridge Directly to the battery (not sure tho). 
• He said he hooked It up in parallel but someone mentioned that it looks like he wired it to be a battery bank??? I don’t know what that means

• I have a dual battery isolator that was supposed to be added but wasn’t.

My Concerns:

• I NEED to learn how to do this because I’ll be living Full time in my camper. Anything goes wrong, I want to fix it if possible.

• I am worried about overcharging the batteries—

• Can I get wiring schematics with a detailed list of everything I would need to wire it up & add solar? 

• Do I need a different charger for AGM batteries? 

I do want to try doing it myself, but I just need some help getting it going.  Especially due to the fact that I’m going behind someone else who isn’t interested in explaining what he did.

Thanks for any kind of help.

Push comes to shove, I will hire an RV tech to do the job.

7F570ADA-9627-4628-A5A3-F37C5FF82EB3.jpeg

What type of refer do you have?? What converter (charger) do you have? You converter model will determine if it is OK for AGM

Red top Optima's are starting batteries. Yellow tops are for continuous deep cycle. Blue top are for deep cycle with intermittent use. Two 6v golf cart batteries (EGC2) from Sam's Club will cost 1/2 as much and give you the same capacity.

More questions tomorrow, here is your home work reading for tonight🤪

ttps://www.offthegridcamper.com/projects

https://www.boundfornowhere.com/blog2/2018/its-electric

This will give you some ideas, both of these are overkill for your plans, BUT you never know

Edited by WME