Sunrader Fridge needs repair

Iflyfish

Well, it looks like the fridge in my 1987 Sunrader has puked. Still produces some cold but at least a repair in the offing. It's the original fridge. 

I have searched the site to find out info on it and have come up blank.

Any info on make/model of original? 

Thanks,

Iflyfishwithapukedfridge

It's should be a Dometic 2410. Usual problem is the cooling unit. I don't seem to be able to find anyone that has them in stock right now. The 2410 fridges are still available but they cost over 1000 bucks. Don't know what to tell you. 

Linda S

Ammonia smell, major bad juju.

If you have "skills" take the refer out and  turn it up side down for a few days and use a screw driver handle to tap all the pipes and coils. This helps about 25% of the time by dislodging and sulfur crystal blocking a pipe.

Of course you have already cleaned the burner and used compressed air to blow out the rust flakes in the boiler chimney RIGHT???😲

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2020 at 2:48 PM, Iflyfish said:

Good info! Thank! 

Well, good thing you can't see the egg on my face! 

Blinding flash of the obvious: 

1. When plugged into power use the Electric mode

2. When on the road use 12V 

3. When boondocking use either gas or 12V

The bad news is if you use 12V when parked and plugged in, the fridge does not work. Then you think, darn! My fridge is broken! Flash! It isn't

The good news is my fridge works great! Whew! Bullet dodged! 

Thanks for all the thoughtful posts.

Iflyfishblindtotheobvious! 

General rule of thumb. 120 v or propane for max cooling. 12v is for maintaining cool only. Typically a 120 heat coil is 325 watts and a 12v heat coil is 135 watts.

So your description of it only cooling a little bit was right if your were on 12v.

And if you just have to clutter your mind with useless information,  the propane flame is about 1400 btu, a 120v heat strip is around 1100 btu, and the lowly 12v heater is about 425 btu

Edited by WME

10 hours ago, jjrbus said:

Really hate those times.   I call them #VI moments.   VI roman for 6 or abbreviation for Village Idiot.

hahaha!

2 hours ago, WME said:

General rule of thumb. 120 v or propane for max cooling. 12v is for maintaining cool only. Typically a 120 heat coil is 325 watts and a 12v heat coil is 135 watts.

So your description of it only cooling a little bit was right if your were on 12v.

And if you just have to clutter your mind with useless information,  the propane flame is about 1400 btu, a 120v heat strip is around 1100 btu, and the lowly 12v heater is about 425 btu

You offer great help and it's appreciated!