Toyota motorhomes. How many still out there ?

Tahoe Toyota

😏     Curious if anybody has any idea around how many Toyota motorhomes were made, how many might still be on the road today ?. Wonder how many ended up in a scrap yard or are still in some back yard.

Edited by Tahoe Toyota

There are lots in California. When I was in San Diego 2 years ago there were 5 in same RV park. Lots in SW USA too. Minnesota too I think as I met 4 people with them in Arizona. AS long salt doesn't rust them. I'm purely guessing but i would say 40,000 still around in some some shape. Tough little buggers I tell ya.

My 84 Sunrader is greatly appreciated over he last ten years

has been my home and transport

around the country,there’s something special about them 

that keeps us putting our money in them that keep them going!

best bet for the dollar!!

Edited by Bigdog
Spelling

I have owned  my sunrader for 12 years I have seen one camping  I have seen one in town and their is one in a barn  down the road from me these are sunrader. I see other makes once in awhile  but not many ,I live in northern  Michigan 

There are still a lot of them out there.

I see lots of them in Maine with California plates.

Most are in need of restoration.  Some look nice but they are just shells.

However, if you pick one up for the right price just go have some fun with it.

Here is an interesting one located in Maine.

It has three axles...

https://maine.craigslist.org/rvs/d/rollinsford-toyota-heritage-1980-vintage/7183658510.html

Toyota Heritage 1980 Vintage - $2,000 (Berwick)

image 4 of 7
00J0J_5wka1W1nMPK_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00J0J_2x4qay7q1xr_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00N0N_6F3esCAEfJ2_0pT0t2_600x450.jpg
00T0T_5eY0hMstmLA_0nQ0t2_600x450.jpg
00l0l_4Lxe41D9Ga6_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00R0R_5VQ3Etk4uXV_0CI0oz_600x450.jpg

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

1980 Toyota Heritage

condition: fair
cylinders: 4 cylinders
drive: fwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 82705
paint color: white
rv type: class C
transmission: manual

This genuine one of a kind 1980 Toyota Heritage RV is a fixer-upper. It’s a perfect project for someone looking to hit the open road in the future or possible tiny house project/COVID project. It was running last year but when battery was recharged this spring, the engine did not turn over, may just need fresh fuel. Part of the roof would need to be repaired but most of the exterior needs are merely superficial. It has been tarped for the last 2 winters, preventing further roof damage. This gem needs a bit of work, but the foundation is good. When considering a classic style, such as this, the possibilities are nearly endless. With a bit of work, an option like this can be returned to its former glory providing an RV unlike most that you see on the road. The engine is the famous Toyota R20 engine with inline 4 cylinder and manual transmission. It has a newer gas refrigerator, the original gas heater and electric stove. Sleeps 4, 2 in overcab bunk and 2 on a dining table/bed conversion setup. $2000. Please email for interest.
  •