Hi all, I've seen posts talking about "Air Lift" brand as being highly recommended & widely used, for rear suspension stabilizers / lift kits.  My '86 New Horizons has been leaking air for more than a few years, according to Dad (Diane & I bought it from him a year back), and I thought it must have that Air Lift brand in it, since it's got the internal jounces to keep it from ripping apart when driven with low pressure.

Must to my surprise, just now as I was taking pictures to explore warranty replacement, I found a plate on the fill valves for company "T-3", "Model T-9" & a quick google search led me to "TTT" company in Lake Havasu & their T-9 product.   A phone call led me to conclude their repair kit for around $300 (inc shipping) for the repair kit is a good option.  Internal jounces like the better Air Lift model, independent fill valves & tubes, etc.

Anyone else know about TTT & their T-9 product?

T-9 Air Lift label.jpg

Edited by tstockma
clarity

They say its common to loose up to 4 psi per sleeve, attached. I have T-9 airbags and my right airbag has had a slow leak for the last 10 years, I've lived with it and still do today. Not sure I will do a replacement but I probably end up doing a Zuiko modification cutting the old airbags in half and and inserting springs.

Also they are the same company as they were in Cali

Cheers

Gary

T3-T9.pdf

Edited by Gary_M
Added link

Thanks guys!   I'll just order that repair kit for the T-9.   Derek, looks like you have both on yours?  That's gotta be nice & stable.

Gary, I got a chuckle at your slow leak - dad's leaked for many, many years.  His dad's instructions were, before traveling anywhere, use this bicycle pump on both...one side will hold for a couple days, the other side needs to be pumped up every 4 hours on the road & each night before bed.

My left bag stays inflated for 6 months or more, I only put air in it maybe 1 time per year. The right one will hold air for a couple of days before needing air. Let me know how the replacement t9s go, I may order them as well.

Cheers

Gary

My best advice before installing these is to inflate them and stick them under water to check for small leaks! I did not do it on a previous install and they leaked from day one and required daily air. There is a small nylon bolt that I suspected didn’t seal properly. 

57 minutes ago, Odyssey 4x4 said:

My best advice before installing these is to inflate them and stick them under water to check for small leaks! I did not do it on a previous install and they leaked from day one and required daily air. There is a small nylon bolt that I suspected didn’t seal properly. 

What make?

That's an interesting tip, I wouldn't have thought of that.  I'll do that on the new T-9 bags.

1 hour ago, Derek up North said:

What make?

It was years ago but they were the 3T's I put on the Escaper

• 2 months later...

New question on this old topic...  

Background: Derek was absolutely right here, I received 3T's air springs replacement kit, and it's just dressed-up Firestones.  I haven't put them in yet, but looks like 3T put fittings on the Firestone parts so they'll play well with the 34 year old 3T setup on my 1986 New Horizon...and they included new air lines & fittings, so the only part they didn't include & don't have anymore, is the metal bracket. 

New question: I'd like to add an on-board air pump to this system, & have it on hand before I disassemble the old setup.  (Why do parts of the job twice?)   Anyone have recommendations on brand or models? 

Edited by tstockma