Rear brakes sticking, parts questions etc

moalaska

Coming back from a 110 miles drive, pulled into gas station to get gas.  When I went to leave, released parking brake but brakes didn't really disengage, not sure if it had anything to do with parking brake or if they were hot and didn't want to release.  Read another post on here, someone with similar problem, brakes dragging and get worse more you drive, it turned out to be master cylinder for them.  My rear brakes always smelled a little after driving, like they were dragging, and gas milage 13.5.  questions.

78 chassis.  I installed a ff axle, I think it was an 85, it had the reverse threaded nuts on one side, you guys will know exactly what year that is.

Are brake parts the same for this unicorn axle as the other years? I had installed brake kit when I did upgrade, I don't think I changed the brake pistons though.

Is there any type of upgrade for the master cylinder?  I'm pretty sure mine already has the upgraded cylinder, I've always had rear braking problems, rear brakes were always fairly inneffective.  No load sensing valve for me so that is ruled out.  New rubber hose.  

Any ideas on what to check with my issues?

Edited by moalaska
Typo