1984, Nissan Sunrader in 720 2.4L.

New clutch installed by reputable shop 800 miles ago.   I am now noticing a loss of power in 2nd,  3rd,  4th and 5th gear almost like it is bogging down or driving on only a couple cylinders. 

Quite by chance I noticed that the problem goes away if I depress the clutch ever so slightly.  Power returns.   I now have to drive with my foot sitting on the clutch,  with just a bit of weight on it.   Lift foot,  bogs down. 

Whatever it is,  seems like it should be obvious,  but the web is not full of answers on this one,  tho it is hard to ask correctly to get good hits.   

Any ideas anyone? 

Don't do it you are making the clutch slip. It just seems it has more power because the engine is revining higher. These things are not power houses you need lower gears to keep the revs up into the power band.

No,  it seriously regains its normal power if I just put a tad of pressure on the clutch. I'm talking 1/4"  depression that's it.   Not half way or anything like that. 

And the power difference is palpable.  Say you are in third gear,  If I don't do it,  I get zero pop when I hit the accelerator, nothing,  just bogs down.  No power.   When I do it,  I now have the pop I know the rig has in third gear (OK,  not pop,  only 4 gerbils,  but you know what I mean).   It'll drive normally.   If I do it.   It is not simply reving higher (I have a aftermarket tach).  I'd recognize that.   

Absolute total clueless wild guesses.

The throw out bearing is binding. AKA wrong parts.

The linkage is adjust incorrectly and its going over-center.

You need to return to the repair ship and demo the problem.

Edited by WME