Road trip L A to Yellowstone NP

Bigdog

leaving Late September searching for most scenic route between Astoria,O R and Tacoma W A trying to avoid busy highways when

possible thought I'd follow Columbia river from Astoria and make my way thru Grand Teton N P and Tacoma to Alta,WY 

Traveling the coast from L A to Astoria or Tacoma.

??

Alta is a bump in the road near Jackson WY. So think Jackson when your routing things.

Here is my suggestions. If you DON'T want interstate that means time is not a problem😈.

Astoria to Vancouver WA. go through the Gorge on the north side of the river. Walla Walla WA. to Lewiston ID. to just south of Missoula MT. Head south on 93 add a zigzag to Butte MT. A short trip on I94 to Bozeman MT.  then south to  West Yellowstone MT. Through the YNP to the Grand Tetons. On to Jackson WY. and go west to Idaho on then back east to Alta. Lunch at Nora's Fish Creek Inn in Wilson WY.

Good luck remember you are "traveling  @ the speed of smell".

How do you fell about SNOW🤪

Edited by WME

Thanks for the route ,

about the snow might have to leave sooner when do you recommend to avoid snow and crowds will barnstorm back to L A
At end on 395 , Question would it be better for weather timing and 

scenic to revers the route?