Jump to content

Professional driveway tire replacement!


Recommended Posts

I just hired these Gomobile to replace my six tires on my '87 Sunrader. New tires, balanced, filled with nitrogen and installed $675! 

 

Just wanted to let people know this is an option, at least here in Oregon.

 

Iflyfishwithtires

gomobile truck.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2020 at 4:50 PM, linda s said:

What kind of tires and will they give you the date code to see how new they are

Linda S

Brand new 

Nexen Roadian Tires

 

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=nexen+roadian&ref=nb_sb_noss

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only Nexen tires that would fit our vehicles is the Roadian CT8. That tire has been discontinued in the size we need for a while so a date code is a must. Be careful they don't try to stick you with a non D load tire

Linda S

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, linda s said:

The only Nexen tires that would fit our vehicles is the Roadian CT8. That tire has been discontinued in the size we need for a while so a date code is a must. Be careful they don't try to stick you with a non D load tire

Linda S

Thanks Linda, I appreciate your due diligence. Roadian ct8 8ply load range D. They have 499+ available in their warehouse. 

 

tire.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, linda s said:

Wow that's an awful lot of rarely used tires to stock up on. Sounds like your getting a great deal

Linda S

They have warehoused tires to support their national franchises. This is a relatively new business model. Great people to work with. They are also installing my tire pressure/temp monitor. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R6H6T37/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  and my valve extender  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084LC3ZH5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  There is a small flange that needs to be attached to an axle to attach the extenders. 

 

tire pressure monitor.jpg

Extentions.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well your getting an even better deal with all those ad ons. Chances of there being a franchise anywhere near me are slim. Nearest city, Redding is almost 3 hours away. The good part is the whole county has had only 175 cases of covid19. 

Linda S

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2020 at 6:17 PM, linda s said:

Well your getting an even better deal with all those ad ons. Chances of there being a franchise anywhere near me are slim. Nearest city, Redding is almost 3 hours away. The good part is the whole county has had only 175 cases of covid19. 

Linda S

Stay safe! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Iflyfish

I have to admit I did not know of this Pressure /Temperature monitor until I read your post. It sounds like a must have gadget. Could you please write more about this. It appears the sensors are in the valve stem Cap. I guess they can be removed in case one of them malfunctions. You also mentioned they were installed by your tire shop. Where is this place in Oregon? I am in Gresham, Oregon closer to Mt. Hood. You said tires are filled with nitrogen, is that necessary with these sensors? 

 

A while back one inside tire went flat, Valve stem was too old and leaked air. By the time i noticed it had sheared off couple of Lugs. Luckily nothing happened on the road. I see this monitor will tell you when something happens with tires. 

 

Do you have any photos to share what they look like when installed. Thank you.

 

Looking forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, V6 Seabreeze 92 said:

Hi Iflyfish

I have to admit I did not know of this Pressure /Temperature monitor until I read your post. It sounds like a must have gadget. Could you please write more about this. It appears the sensors are in the valve stem Cap. I guess they can be removed in case one of them malfunctions. You also mentioned they were installed by your tire shop. Where is this place in Oregon? I am in Gresham, Oregon closer to Mt. Hood. You said tires are filled with nitrogen, is that necessary with these sensors? 

 

A while back one inside tire went flat, Valve stem was too old and leaked air. By the time i noticed it had sheared off couple of Lugs. Luckily nothing happened on the road. I see this monitor will tell you when something happens with tires. 

 

Do you have any photos to share what they look like when installed. Thank you.

 

Looking forward.

Here is the link to Amazon where I purchased the monitor. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R6H6T37/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The sensors are attached to the valve stems. 

There are 190 + 4 star reviews of the monitor.

I put valve extenders on the interior rear tires to ease install and tire filling. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084LC3ZH5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

Extentions.jpg.de56ae415542db53999384695d3e9043.jpg

The tires are filled with Nitrogen but that is not necessary for the sensors. 

I had a Mercedes powered Winnebago View and blew an inside tire on a two lane road in Oakland California with cement barriers on each side. I vowed to never have that experience again! I purchased one of the early made units for about $375.

This is the company truck in my driveway. GOMOBILE  971 533 0050. They are the real deal, honest and great to work with. Let them know I referred you please.  

871193336_gomobiletruck.jpg.5a62ca87499101097260fbcbe174d423.jpg

Iflyfishwithnewtires

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...
On 7/14/2020 at 7:50 PM, linda s said:

What kind of tires and will they give you the date code to see how new they are

Linda

 

 

can you confirm that 14 inch tires are what is needed? Because the only ones that they have are 16 inch in an 8 ply

Link to post
Share on other sites

great deals. I did have similar  PTMS installed 3 years ago. It works great and give me a piece of mind. Mine also has temp. display. Only down side is batt. needs repl. every 1.5 - 2 yr. cheap and easy compared to those OEM internal TPMS sensors

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...