Sunradar in Vt, redoing interior and resealing.

AprilOstara

Anyone in vt who is more experienced in RV repair and resealing? Want to talk shop? I'm trying to do mostly everything myself but it would be nice to know someone who knows what they are talking about.      I have a leak above  the driver seat that apparently the fellow before me struggled with too.  I really want to clean that up and make it look good.

I did some silicone sealing, there was rubber cement type stuff in there, I cleaned that out and did silicone. Hope I'm on the right track, but definitly want to seal it all up then fix where it was leaking.

Anyone close by go through this, know of any pointers or good places to help guide me?

April: I wouldn't use any silicon anywhere on it. I cleaned my seams out and took caulk in a tube and caulk gun and ran a bead of PROFLEX RV sealer in it and took a bottle cap and put a small amount of mineral spirits in it and after running the bead I stuck the tip end of my finger in the spirits and rubbed the bead. It smoothed up the caulk and sealed the seam. Your leak may be coming in from the clearance lights and running down the overcab bed and dripping down into the seat????? If its coming in around the top vent and dripping ...there needs to be butyl rubber tape under the flange in order to make a waterproof seal. Don't know if any of this will help or not?

Hey Homer, thanks for your response. I wonder if the the RV sealant you mentioned is different then silicone. I used the gorilla brand in a caulking tube and went at it. I'll do the mineral spirits trick. Yeah, I think the windows up above and the lights were leaking. How do you all suggest I apply the butyl tape?