Sanitizing water system recipe

Iflyfish

Usually what I do is fill the tank maybe half way or less with a shot of bleach run the pump to fill the lines and go for a ride over hill and dale. Drain and refill clear the lines with clear water.

On 7/8/2020 at 6:49 PM, Maineah said:

Usually what I do is fill the tank maybe half way or less with a shot of bleach run the pump to fill the lines and go for a ride over hill and dale. Drain and refill clear the lines with clear water.

Maineah I see that you have a ‘87 Toyota and I’m aware they are not all the same . I am trying to figure out how my fresh water tank gets filled. I found the hose attached inside was broken and attached to nothing .

Below are the photos of what I found under the split couch. There is no opening to attached the city water hose.  I’ve looked and tried to lift it , the only spot I see is the manufacturers sealed opening. All the connections are correct , going to the Shurflo water pump but the rest is not connected to fill fresh water tank ....any suggestions?

2E714A58-4A4F-4F32-AF05-05B40A8CF305.jpeg

F7CEB2FC-98A7-49CD-B68A-ECD2CE3E7085.jpeg

20AB6DAE-BB1C-4184-9D73-BB9E0DFCA122.jpeg

DC06548E-E713-4698-8449-1BF5314C06D9.jpeg

0EF63B2B-8F2C-49DD-BB76-E25D4958DBAB.jpeg

That is correct the tank has nothing to do with city water it is nothing more that a tank the electric pump is what makes the water run when you are not hooked up. There is a small hatch (4X4" more or less) on the side of the coach that is where one would fill the tank with a garden hose. If you are santerizing the system that is what you would use to disinfect the tank and the internal lines. Your blue and white hose should be connected to the port on the side of the camper that is how it gets filled it is not filled by the city water system. There should also be a small hose that is a vent for the water tank it allows the air to vent as the tank fulls. The city water does fill the water lines but not the tank in the hose connection there is a check valve that allows city water in but not camper water out when your pump is running. All RV are the same motorhome or camper trailer.

• 11 months later...
On 7/12/2020 at 6:13 PM, Maineah said:

That is correct the tank has nothing to do with city water it is nothing more that a tank the electric pump is what makes the water run when you are not hooked up. There is a small hatch (4X4" more or less) on the side of the coach that is where one would fill the tank with a garden hose. If you are santerizing the system that is what you would use to disinfect the tank and the internal lines. Your blue and white hose should be connected to the port on the side of the camper that is how it gets filled it is not filled by the city water system. There should also be a small hose that is a vent for the water tank it allows the air to vent as the tank fulls. The city water does fill the water lines but not the tank in the hose connection there is a check valve that allows city water in but not camper water out when your pump is running. All RV are the same motorhome or camper trailer.

Hi everyone! I know that thread is rather old, but I am wondering if this hose can coil up at 50 degrees (there are some lightweight hoses, but I don't know whether they can stand). I live in Minnesota and use my water hose in my garage year round. And when it's cold you can't coil the hose back up. So this is the problem. 

Edited by reon78

They make a "flat" hose that is very flexible even in cold weather and it won't kink. Any big box should have them.

• 2 months later...
On 7/8/2020 at 1:57 PM, Iflyfish said:

Ran into this info on cleaning the water system in our rv. 

https://www.usautoauthority.com/how-much-bleach-to-sanitize-rv-water-tank/

Iflyfishunderwater

Thanks, Idryflyfish