Noticed my mech from previous town skipped both sets of rear bushings in the leaf springs... so I put in the lower ones this past week. wow were the old ones chewed up. the upper rears are trapped by the stairs construction and black tank but looked to be much better from visual.  Job took about an hour.. jacked up the camper by frame on to stands until wheels spun then cradled the pumpkin with a quick 3 ton jack. easy peasy.

a LOT of the jarring on road is now reduced or gone.

get poly bushings if you haven't already... best cheap upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

I replaced my bushings with some Moog that I got from the auto store but they were never right and I had to cut down the overall length to make them fit. I've done poly in my 61 ford. Out of curiosity where did you find the poly and how much were they? Part number? Thanks

Matt

I bought this kit:

https://www.amazon.com/PROTHANE-18-2004-Red-Total-Kit/dp/B002P8RDA0/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_tab_ap_asin_title

There were 2 problems with it

1) The sway bar bushings were for a regular 4runner, 23mm bar and my 91 Itasca has 25mm bars but I used them anyway and were very tight.

2) the kit included 4 spring bushings that fit correctly and 4 spring bushings that were too large. I read other people had the same problem and they contacted Prothane and they sent them the correct ones free of charge shipping included and that's what I did too.

For the rear sway bar I ordered this:

https://www.4wheelparts.com//p/prothane-sway-bar-bushing-red-18-1109/_/R-BHLP-18-1109

No, I had some left over, like for the upper control arm it is  way easier to just replace the whole assembly which can also be purchased online very cheap and which I had already done. A couple of the other bushings still looked good so I just left them for now but some of the other bushings were completely worn out.