Hi I just bought a 1985 Toyota dolphin  but it needs brakes I'm having problems finding  it by Auto zone and Napa beacuse dolphins aren't in there computer system   I managed to find one web site that had Chinook brakes in my same year are those the same brake system as on the dolphin or could some one steer me in the rite direction of a website or maybe another matching model I could tell the guys at napa

Remove a set of old pads from your Toy and go to the parts store and have the counter dude bring out a set of pads for a 1985 Toyota pickup, maybe a Toyota C&C. See if they match

Dolphin made the house and Toyota made the truck so you need truck parts. If you need a vent fan then go to an RV store and talk about the Dolphin

Edited by WME

I don't know about the other places but Oreilly's will find your parts with a vin search. Their Best Brake parts are actually pretty good. They even carry the shoes for our funny rear dual wheels which most places don't

Linda S

On 6/9/2020 at 4:38 PM, Derek up North said:

Another listing they might have in their computer would be a Toyota 1-Ton Truck with single rear wheels (SRW).

1986 1 Ton.jpg

Yes that was a Stout a very few of them came to the states they were long beds too.

Pretty much the brakes were the same until 6 bolt wheels showed up they were different and had a 11" rotor and a different calaper.

• 5 weeks later...

I have a set of calipers for a 85. I pulled them off my 85 dolphin when i did the 1 ton swap. let me know if you need them

• 10 months later...
On 7/10/2020 at 7:21 PM, 86Dolphino said:

I have a set of calipers for a 85. I pulled them off my 85 dolphin when i did the 1 ton swap. let me know if you need them

if you still have them id buy them how much do you want?

I have them tomorrow let me put my hands on them they are out in my shed I believe. I’m in Reno, NV where are you located 

I’ll post some pics too 

I converted mine from the Half ton front end to the 1 ton. I have rotors and other parts all were in good working condition. As far as price make me an offer I’m not sure what shipping will cost.