Furnace problems

Hi all. I'm doing this post for my buddy sammy. He has a 87 seabreeze. His furnace was working great. Put a new blower motor in it and it was working great all winter. He went out last weekend and his heater wouldn't work.

The blower will kick on and after 15 sec or so he will hear a click and the flame will light after about 3 sec the flame goes out it will then relight the flame for about 3 sec and go out it will do that 3 time then stop. If he turns the thermostat off and hack on it will run through the same process. 

Any ideas? We were maybe thinking bad solenoids maybe or bad lp regulator? 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Bad flame sensor /thermocoupler

We thought that too. And sammy ordered one and it was the wrong one. Ymanyone happen to have a link for the correct thermocoupler?

Oh I thought they were all the same. There is 5 of us in the reno area and we all have the same furnace. But I'll get a model 

We had a similar problem a year or so back. The first thing we did was come right here and get help from the many great folks here on these forums. Two suggestions stood out:

1) Make sure your coach battery is fully charged. I didn't know that the electronics in the furnace were sensitive to low voltage. 

2) The thermocouple over time can develope scale on the tip. Take some sandpaper and try to sand the tip and then retry the start process. I did this a few times and like magic the furnace came to life.

Edited by Rogue Runner

Sammy has pulled the thermocoupler out and used some sandpaper on it once already with no luck. I'm thinking he should replace it. I have tried to find the part but not having much luck. I did get this photo of the furnace  

Resized_20190818_210012_192311919143303.jpeg

It's hard to see but the model is 8012

That's what I thought at first.

My brother 1993 550 dolphin was doing that until he replaced the batteries.  He currently has it plugged into his home. 

Well thermocoupler has been replaced with same result. Lights up for 2 seconds and then shuts off. So its safe to say it's not the thermocoupler.  Any other ideas? I'm starting to wonder about the board and the solenoids. 

Well problem is fixed. So he brought the furnace over and we tested the solenoids they would open and close fine ohms were in range. We did notice with solenoids open you could blow through them for about 3 sec then it would clog up. I put some compressed air through the gas line and it took air for about 3 sec and clogged up. Did that a few times and then we heard something shoot through, and air could flow. Even blew out a lot of dust at that point. Hooked it back up and it works great. Something got clogged in the gas line.