Propane not working

First time motorhome owner, first time in a forum. I just picked up a 1989 Winnebago warrior. I plugged the rv into shore power and everything works except the tentek lp gas detector, which I believe controls the solenoid to release propane from the tank. I also did some research and apparently it works only from the 12 volt battery designated for the coach. Any help in shedding some light would be appreciated. Is there a battery switch somewhere that I can’t find. I have a green and black wire running to the coach battery, or what I assume is where the coach battery goes. Please help! 
thanks in advance. Love this thing, just want to figure it out

I can't say I've ever heard of any connection between the LP detector and the propane supply. But I haven't heard everything yet.

Here are Winnebago Warrior wiring diagrams.

1990 Automotive 085259.pdf 1990 Body 095714.pdf 1990 Body Inst 095715.pdf 1990 Chassis Inst 084682.pdf 1991 Winnie Wiring - Monitor Panel 89062.pdf

They do appear to have a solenoid that shuts off the gas if a leak is detected. I have never heard of such a thing either and the company is obsolete so you'll get no help from them. This guy rebuilt his but looks complicated

http://emmersons.com/wordpress/martin/2013/11/14/19/

I would just have the shut off removed by a propane company and get a regular propane detector. Our Rv's are so small a propane leak can't hide. 12 volt is required for all detectors except for some battery operated ones

Linda S

Thank you so much for the replies. I might just need someone to help me completely bypass the solenoid. It’s a bummer because I am not getting propane to the stovetop either. So my guess is that The solenoid cut off that is located next to the propane is stuck closed. 

One way or another it either has to use power to shut it off or no power. So the battery plays a part in the mix. Can't say I have seen anything like that either sound problematic. Have them replace it with a gas valve.