Furnace 87 Sunrader not working

Hi there- just bought an 87 Sunrader last weekend, and one of the things that needs work is the furnace.

When I set the thermostat the fan comes on, but I don't hear a clunk from the gas valve, and after 20-30 secs the fan cuts off.

Attached photo shows what it looks like, but I couldn't find a manufacturer, just the little plaque in the second photo.

edit** - in the photo, the valve position is what i assume is OFF.  i moved it to that orientation after trying to get it to light**

My question is basically is it worth trouble shooting this thing and trying to find replacement parts for whatever happens to be the issue? 

Gas valve, circuit board, thermocouple, etc....or is there a newer unit that would work and just install that?

Thanks, Travis

IMG_2505.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

Edited by TravisJ

Here ya go, EVERYTHING you wanted to know about your heater.

https://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.com/technical-service-manuals/suburban-nt-12se/

Our member Iflyfish also has an 87 Sunrader and lives in Beaverton Or, not too far from you. He has an experienced reasonably priced technician who is fixing his furnace right now. True sign of a good tech is this guy took his apart and said I can fix this, no need to replace. Might be a good idea to get his phone number. 

Linda S

Usually the gas valves are "on' when the point at the supply line direction. Light one of the stove burners for a couple on minutes then try the furnace again. It sounds like it's doing all the right things.