Hydro Flame Furnace Direct Spark Ignition

Working on my furnace a bit and have seen these questions come up regularly, so... made a PDF of the original troubleshooting guide for the Hydro Flame DSI Furnace in my Warrior. I thought the flowchart approach was pretty handy.

(Feel free to delete, moderators, if this document is readily available elsewhere... thanks!)

hydro-flame-dsi-guide.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

Recently did a major cleaning and a motor-refresh on my Hydro Flame FA 7916D furnace (was filthy!). Thought I'd post up a few photos in case anybody was interested to see what that thing looks like, out of the coach. Note: in the main furnace photo, the control board is unplugged/removed; it normally sits right at the front, of course, behind the vent-door.

I kept the original blower motor—just cleaned it up, polished and lubed the shafts, and painted case; starts up easily now and spins nice and smooth, much quieter.

hydro-flame-fa-7916.jpg.888f8e447ab5368e1572f4f60c87b93f.jpg

hydro-flame-furnace-label.jpg.251bc08e3ee3df57dbaf953da8828409.jpg

hydro-flame-blower-motor.jpg.4eebdcd8538d32376486511fe83ec9e2.jpg

hydro-flame-motor-painted.jpg.53037503917452936bf89ded0b0f6de8.jpg

Well I think the point of this post is that you can prolong the life of your furnace with a good cleaning. Replacement is expensive. Iflyfish thought he needed a new one but his RV mechanic figured out his can be fixed. I find in general older stuff lasts longer and is more repairable than newer. 

Linda S

I am doing a little bit of a hydro flame project myself, I discovered some water inside the coach around the furnace housing, at first glance the exterior vent seal looks to be in good shape, but on the underside it looks like there are some intentional weep holes for any water that blows inside of the vent. It looks like there is some RTV silicone obstructing these holes from performing what I am assuming is their intended function. My question is, has anyone else experienced this issue, and does anyone know that these are in fact weep holes?

20200530_120153.jpg