• I  was told my bushings on the rear springs are in need of replacement.  Went to spring shop and they told me I should get shackle kits.  Having hard time finding them.  Found Dorman 722-043 kit which states for 2wd 1993 Toyota truck.  I have a 1995 Winnebago Micro Warrior on a 1993 Toyota chassis.  The part does not specify 1 ton dually but does not exclude.  Can anyone help me find what I need to do the job.  The spring guy said I would be ok driving the way it is without doing any harm but said if I could get and replace shackles it would be good,  Thanks for your helping with your knowledge.  Ports

The ONLY reasons to replace the shackles is the holes are elongated or you want to increase/decrease the the rear ride height.

New bushings, poly is best, but new rubber is better than old rubber. Maybe new bolts if corrosion has done it thing.

2 hours ago, ports said:
  • I  was told my bushings on the rear springs are in need of replacement.  Went to spring shop and they told me I should get shackle kits.  Having hard time finding them.  Found Dorman 722-043 kit which states for 2wd 1993 toyota truck.  I have a 1995 Winnebago micro warrioer on a 1993 toyota chassis.  The part does not specify 1 ton dually but does not exclude.  Can anyone help me find what I need to do the job.  The spring guy said I would be ok driving the way it is without doing any harm but d=said if I could get and replace shackles it would be good,  Thanks for your helping with your knowledge.  Ports

Are you looking at shackle hangers? Or the shackles themselves? Hangers are usually attached to the frame to support  the shackles. There’s no reason those should have to be changed. Getting adjustable shackles will aid you to increase or decrease ride height. Perhaps this is what your spring shop was trying to tell you. New bushings alone should work fine.

in my case I wanted some heavy duty shackles that could be adjusted. I fabricated my own (see images). I’m sure there are companies out there that make a similar product.

First image is new shackle. Second is new compared to old (factory).

F64F8036-6200-4750-AFFB-4E812AE31523.jpeg

CFE30F52-E5B2-43A1-B539-DA1CE9A04168.jpeg

4 hours ago, ports said:
  • I  was told my bushings on the rear springs are in need of replacement.  Went to spring shop and they told me I should get shackle kits.  Having hard time finding them.  Found Dorman 722-043 kit which states for 2wd 1993 toyota truck.  I have a 1995 Winnebago micro warrioer on a 1993 toyota chassis.  The part does not specify 1 ton dually but does not exclude.  Can anyone help me find what I need to do the job.  The spring guy said I would be ok driving the way it is without doing any harm but d=said if I could get and replace shackles it would be good,  Thanks for your helping with your knowledge.  Ports

Fred, Derek, WME, thank you for your replies..  I don't want to raise my toy or modify the springs.  I had it inspected and was told that the leaf spring bushings were starting to dry rot and he could not do the repair.  He gave me a spring shop that does work for him.  I took the toy to him.  He looked and said the best thing to do was to get a shackle kit.  The company he deals with didn't carry them and he mentioned he was not good on the computer but if I Googled them and was able to find some he would put them on.  I found Dorman rear leaf spring shackle kit part #  722-043 for 1993 toyota truck but does not specify if it would work for 1 ton truck.  Also around 80 dollars a piece.  I also thought to just replace the bushings, much less expensive.  I don't know if the spring guy was afraid that he could not get the old bushings out without breaking the shackles.  Do any of you have any idea of a part # for the bushings kit I would need.  Some say use rubber other say poly.  I would appreciate part#'s and a good place to buy them.  I will call the spring guy and see if he can replace just the bushings.

Also I have two more questions.  I noticed that I have a small leak which I am pretty sure is a worn air conditioner seal.  The air conditioner I have is the original on the 1995 Winnebago Micro Warrior.  My question would be since the old conditioner must be removed to replace the seal, should I think about getting a new air conditioner.  I certainly don't want to spend extra money if I don't have to but also would hat to replace seal and then need a new conditioner in the near future.  Does any of that make sense to you? Also new one would be more efficient.  If i do replace conditioner, any suggestions as to Coleman or Dometic or something else and which specific models you might recomend.  13500 is plenty of BTU's for the toy.

Secondly, In the future I will be replacing the shocks.  I know that many say the way to go is Bilstein but for 80 dollars  a piece are they that good.  What other brands might I look into that would be a quality shock but at a lower price and still do the job

I would like to thank all of you that share your expertise on these great Toyota Toys.  It is greatly appreciated.

The AC gasket/seal is cheap and not terribly hard to replace. I have an old Coleman 13500BTU AC unit and just replaced the gasket. Will run the AC unit until it dies. When I need a new AC I'm going to purchase a smaller unit; perhaps 9200BTU. 

I purchased the Bilstein shocks and am happy with them but they do not produce an exceptionally smooth ride. The small rims on these motorhomes hit every crack and bump. I'd imagine other affordable shock options would work just as well. Longevity would be a primary difference. 

Once again, to all who replied, thank you for your time and input.  Linda, do you have a part # for replacement bushings.  Some said use HB 1102 for top and HB 1102 for eyes.  Couldn't find HB 1102.  Some said use poly bushings. Contacted a poly company and they told me they do not have a kit to fit the toy.  Thanks for all the help.  As all of you know, as our Toys become older they need a little more tender loving care.  Stay safe all.

Here are the Toyota part numbers

• Toyota 90385-18012
    Require Quantity: 4
    Package Quantity: 1
    Part Name Code:

48210A

$5.72
    $4.09

Toyota has the same part numbers for the one ton and the regular trucks so don't know how an energy suspension kit wouldn't work

Thanks for the part #'s and all the info.  Going to replace my waste valves for the first time.  Are there any tricks I should be aware of that will make the job easier?

Also I just noticed that I didn't do the best caulk job on the driver's side bottom (flat) strip on the over cab.  I know have a small portion along that strip that has pulled away from the angle trim.  Probably some rot on cab bed.  From the inside, I can see where a couple of screws that attach the right angle metal to the side and bottom of the bed have come loose.  First, is there any easier way to assess the damage?  It appears to be only a small section of the bed against the side that is soft.  The majority of the that side is still solid.  I could use some advice as to what I should do. Is there anything I can do for a temporary fix until I can investigate more closely.  I hope my description didn't confuse you.  I Thought I had this seam along the driver's side over cab sealed.  I know know that I must do better.   Thanks again for the help.