Problem

Orirx8

Hello friends recently we bought a dolphin and now I am in this situation I would like to know your opinion about it as I can proceed to disassemble the rest I see that the cabinets are covered by the ceiling?

15800799891787572086590818854756.jpg

15800800526841240661891768258795.jpg

1580080078940460946567143466448.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

well based off of those photos if that's the extent of the damage i would buy new foam board the purple stuff from Home Depot. and and make sure to use a good piece of support wood/metal for the spare tire mount.and start rebuilding. when it comes to the cabinet above the bathroom sink you have 3 option salvage the old one, use the old one to copy out a new one, or go to Home Depot and buy a new one. they sell small cabinets that are 12x12 and different lengths unfinished. 

if you have more issues out side the rig and it all looks like that bathroom I would start buy pulling a wall completely off and rebuilding it. (Just remember its a lot of work) my brother and i just did that to a 1990 dolphin pulled the whole driver side wall off and the back bathroom wall off and rebuilt it all. it turned out great and the wall is stronger than ever but many man hours. 

Looks like you have some bad water damage here, dont worry though, if you have some time and just a little know-how with simple wood construction, this isnt a terribly difficult fix.

As Dolphino pointed out, you ought to use the R-5 Pink Panther insulation at home depot. As far as the spare tire mount is concerned, yes use common sense and get a heavy board, maybe a 2x6 in 6ft length and cut it down with a chop saw. Make sure it is supported good by the floor (assuming its still solid)  Also as stated by the above, youre probably going to want to rebuild that whole section of wall. these things were built cheap, so if you simply frame it out with 2x2s or 1x2s  (or best is 2x4s planed to exactly 1" thickness, which works great because the pink insulation is 1" actual thickness and 1x2s are only .75", 2x2s 1.5" ect. note: tablesaw required) you can rebuild a solid wall. You may also want to use expensive grade liquid nails (not the 1$ tubes)to make sure the exterior fiberglass is actually in contact and stuck down to the wood frame pieces.

When you have a simple stick frame wall with insulation, I recommend covering the lot with 5mm sanded ply (~25$ for a 4'x8' sheet) and painting or using wallpaper or whatever to your hearts content. A nail gun is handy to tack it down to your wood framing pieces, but finishing nails and a hammer will work fine as well.

As far as the cabinet? again simple 2x2s, a drill and a chop saw is enough to reconstruct the cabinet to a higher quality and strength than it ever had.

If your floors are mushy, cut and score and remove bad sections, replace with 1/2" or 3/4" ply and make sure the edges of the ply are supported by framing from the subfloor framing. Cover with LVT tiles or click laminate as you like. 

oh, and assuming the water was coming from the window. FIX THE DAMN THING. buy some butyl tape and watch a youtube video, it doesnt take too long to fix either. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for help I'm already working on it will remain perfectly thanks again again I am in full doubt because the water deposit lasts so little ??

Edited by Orirx8

• 5 months later...

Situation that I have right now is trying to open the latch on my spare tire? Also watching the feed on the mount situation too. How do I open latch to remove cover ? Thanks 

Edited by Sandune24
Trying to upload photo and I keep getting a (200) message as a warning ⚠️