Wheel adapters, who needs them?

RaderNed

Wheel adapters - who needs them? 

If you've got one of those toyhomes with 5-lug wheels in the front and 6-lug wheels in the back, wouldn't it be nice to be able to carry just one spare that fits both? That's possible with one 5-lug to 6-lug adapter. Or get two adapters and use 6-lug rims all around. 

The specific adapters needed for our toyhome application, 5x4.5- 6x7.25, aren't easily available. I've been talking to Motorsports Tech, who can custom fabricate them for us. Ordered individually, the adapters are $100 each. However, if there are enough of us out there, with an order of ten it's down to $90, and at 20 ordered it's down to $80. 

Let me know if you're interested and I'm happy to coordinate with motorsport tech. 

Shipping to anywhere in the US in a USPS large flat rate box would be $17.60 each.

On 1/11/2020 at 8:34 AM, Bsunrader said:

I would be interested  in buying  a pair let me know thanks brian

Looks like we're the only ones interested! Might just be easier to coordinate with them directly since no discount until 10 units are ordered. It's Lenny  at Motorsports Tech, motorsportjr@gmail.com, or 775-351-1000. 

Thank  for the info  raderned ,I do have 6 bolt  hubs,  their  is a way to put them on a past member did his  you have  to modify the the brake rotors  drill the six holes  in them,if you could get rotors  with no holes it would  be great.the 5 bolt rotors  are thinner  than six bolt and would fit over the calipers

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but did you ever get these adaptors made? If so how are they working and can you provide the contact for who fabricated them for you? Do you know what the correct offset was? 

This company is mention quite a few times on our website and some very good builders have used them with good results. 

They've done adapters for Toyota motorhomes many times so they would probably be able to give you the advice you need.

Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech (motorsport-tech.com)

What do you need the adapters for. Do you have a full float upgrade?

Linda S