Low point drain valves leaking

neilp

I need some quick ideas as I have a camping trip planned this weekend. I've (finally) found my leak - the low point drain valves that are under the stove by the water heater on my model. 

I cannot seem to find a suitable replacement at Home Depot or Lowes online but may go to the stores for ideas. Does anyone know what to look for - especially the size of the threads? 1/2" NPT is my guess but it's just that. I suppose worst case I can just bypass them.

I'll go get a photo and post it in a few minutes. 

TIA

Google found me a couple of thread here with some ideas: 

So maybe I can save the weekend with a trip to the plumbing supply in the morning...

So I managed to mcgyver a solution to the low point drains. That's the good news. Unfortunately I managed to create a leak on the shower supply lines while doing that. So no camping this weekend. I'm pondering how to repair that problem. I'm guessing that you have to pull the shower controls to access the top of the plumbing lines, reinstall with new lines that you have pre-mounted at the top end. And then reattach the lines underneath the stove at the low point drains. As poly line is no longer sold I'm guessing I need to convert those lines to PEX?

Part of me says I should just replace all the plumbing with PEX but that would be a lot of work. And I seem to create as many leaks as I solve when I do plumbing work!

IMG_0047.JPG.e300dd6caae6328b0ccee9ee929e63b2.JPGThis is how I solved the same problem. You do not have to replace all of the water lines.  Flare-it fittings will fit the old gray water lines perfectly. Get them at local plumbing store.

DarrelIMG_0048.JPG.3445e3647e3715ea8e11806712e9c35e.JPGIMG_0004.JPG.6bbf4a8fa627d303039f42326726e7e5.JPGIMG_0047.JPG.e300dd6caae6328b0ccee9ee929e63b2.JPGIMG_0013.JPG.cf945503bb9bc7c26d9773cdc778ae46.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

Forgot to mention my motorhome is a 1994 Winnebago Warrior the same as your Spirit.

I have 87 Escaper and I cannot find any of this plumbing. Is it the same for most?