I keep my rig inside a gated self storage lot down the street from me. Went to put my new battery in yesterday to discover it was hit by someone. I keep a nice RV cover on it and noticed a hole in it upon driving up. Took back the cover and the front bumper was ripped forward, some scratches on the side running light and fender as well. No note or anything. Storage manager spent all afternoon looking at the cameras and found the guy that did it. Big uhual truck clipped it making a turn and then ripped the bumper backing up. Police said because it happened on private property its technically not a hit and run? Storage manager ended convincing the guy to come down and he was all apologetic saying how honest he was and how he'll pay for the damage. The bumper and turn signal arent very expensive, I'm just worried about hidden damage underneath? Anything I should be looking out for?

3.jpg

1.jpg

That'll buff right out.  

Only kidding, but what I was told by a body man when my mom's '88 Toyota had to have its bumper replaced is that the bumpers aren't really that tough.  They don't have to comply with safety standards that cars do (like the 5MPH standard) and so they are mainly decorative pieces. Frame damage should not be an issue.