These Sunraders can be addictive I found a Sunrader 18 foot today

tropicstar

I  bought a Sunrader 18 foot today

it is Nissan 1986 cab with 2.2 liter SD22 4cylinder diesel with 5 speed manual transmission . runs good.

recently had installed by seller 6 new Hancock truck tires, 4 new shocks rear shocks with coil over shocks, new wheel bearings and seals, new brakes, new wheel cylinders, calipers. fuel pump.  owner set up for himself and family but wasn't big enough after using. so I purchased for $3,200 .

exterior was recently painted tan on lower camper side and cab.  

interior needs some tlc but most everything is there . shower and toilet as original.

I drove 7 hours to see and buy. well worth the time.

my other bought last month was 1984 Sunrader 21 foot with Toyota cab. before I couldn't find the 18 foot model but searching turned this one up. Thank you for all of your tips and help. I really appreciate it.

20191020_151136.jpg

20191020_151149.jpg

20191020_151220.jpg

20191020_151305.jpg

20191020_151157.jpg

thank you Derek for pointing that out I appreciate it. I understand  as I did not look close at tire ratings seller ordered on line for nissan 720 truck with 1 ton axle he said. 

if not good camper truck sidewall rating I will buy 6 of the right ones.

rest of everything was a good deal on it's own so buying 6 more new tires is ok with me these have 200 miles on them since new so I can sell them for a cash return if needed.

Might be the first Nissan diesel Sunrader I've ever seen. What's the tire and size. Even though we should have D load rated tires some tires can be run and not be a huge problem. If the load rating is 98 or better your probably fine for a very long time. That's what on my Nissan and they have aged out long before they wore out. Older than 7 years. When I bought mine I was thousands of miles from home and what I got was the best I could find on short notice. Never bothered to change them cause they caused me no problems. 

Linda S

Post-1986 (introduction of the FF axle) Toyota supplied the DRW C&C with 185R14 6-ply/LR C tires. Pre-1986 the motorhome manufacturers used whatever was on the SRW C&C. I'm confident they didn't remove and discard 5 new tires but simply bought 2 more matching ones to put on the foolies.

I basically know nothing about what the Nissan C&C was supplied with.

They came with LT195/75/14 tires. That's why I asked what his were exactly. Since 195's are almost impossible to find  maybe the previous owner bought a larger tire. The Nissan's have deeper dual wheels than Toyota. They can handle a wider tire. This one would be fine and it's cheap. Sellers do like to go cheap

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hankook-Optimo-H724-215-75R14-98-S-Tire/17792573?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227015527546&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40839333272&wl4=aud-566049426705:pla-78653033912&wl5=9032372&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=17792573&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQjwrrXtBRCKARIsAMbU6bEalH4QvXvMYwtt4vmcmsLsIySQrVg1k_0fOn-S_8s5_miozCVL3ywaAuXIEALw_wcB

Linda S

12 hours ago, linda s said:

Might be the first Nissan diesel Sunrader I've ever seen. What's the tire and size. Even though we should have D load rated tires some tires can be run and not be a huge problem. If the load rating is 98 or better your probably fine for a very long time. That's what on my Nissan and they have aged out long before they wore out. Older than 7 years. When I bought mine I was thousands of miles from home and what I got was the best I could find on short notice. Never bothered to change them cause they caused me no problems. 

Linda S

12 hours ago, linda s said:

Linda S

thank you Linda for your reply and information I appreciate your help

my new tire size number is

Pi 195/75R14.92 S

Please let me know if this tire has a acceptable side wall rating for sunrader camper weight?

thank you,

I found this information  regarding fuel economy on a Nissan deisel regular 720 cab with a SD 22 deisel engine

The SD22 has less power than an L20b, it has about the same torque as an L20b, it kicks the L20bs behind on mileage, I got 25mpg in the city no matter what with my SD22, and the best I got was 36mpg on the hiway, but I can't drive 55, I have had freinds saying they got 40mpg.
The best I have been able to get with an L20b is 23 on the hiway, but that is the way I drive, and the fact is, I drive the way I do and the diesel still kicks the L20bs gas mileage wise even when I got the diesel floored, the worst mileage I ever got on the hiway with the SD22 diesel truck was 27-28mpg.
this info was same as I have deisel in nissan 720 regular pickup

most of my driving will be coastal flat ground driving.

Well the 22re Toyota's aren't  speed demons either but your mileage! Amazing. 36 on the highway with a motorhome? Very cool find and it looks great too. Yeah everyone is going to tell you the tires need to be replaced. I think they will work for a very long time. The P is for passenger tire so the sidewalls are supposed to be weaker. But you have 5500 lbs of load in the back and almost 2800 in the front. Get your rig weighed so you know how much leeway you have. Unless you plan on driving to Guatemala I wouldn't worry about it. That is the same size tire on my Nissan. Never had handling problems of any kind

Linda S

3 hours ago, linda s said:

Well the 22re Toyota's aren't  speed demons either but your mileage! Amazing. 36 on the highway with a motorhome? Very cool find and it looks great too. Yeah everyone is going to tell you the tires need to be replaced. I think they will work for a very long time. The P is for passenger tire so the sidewalls are supposed to be weaker. But you have 5500 lbs of load in the back and almost 2800 in the front. Get your rig weighed so you know how much leeway you have. Unless you plan on driving to Guatemala I wouldn't worry about it. That is the same size tire on my Nissan. Never had handling problems of any kind

Linda S

Thank you Linda for your information. I will weigh my nissan sunrader and let u know what it weighs. I checked with customer service tech of Hancock tires he also said p for passenger tires the side walls on those tires are 4 ply. I will upgrade to d rating  8ply side wall truck tires and resale these passenger tires someone will want them as they only have 200 miles on them. I will keep my loads light but I anticipate alot of distance driving nationally and internationally  so I want the extra safety buffer. I have always ran new tires on my vehicles so no road worries on tires. the fuel economy I posted was regular cab pickup Nissan deisel without sunrader camper. sorry for the confusion. but as you saw great mileage on those with same deisel. I will check mine and post later. seller said 18 to 20mpg on hills and closer to 30 mpg on flat ground driving.

anything over 18 mpg to me is a nice bonus. I really appreciate all of the information is good to be well informed about what you have.