How many campers does it take to change a light bulb?

sweetleon

So I finally got around to replacing the interior light bulbs (1141/1156) with LEDs in my Sunrader shorty. It was pretty painless in the dinette, bathroom and berth as well as the light outside the door, but I'm having trouble getting to the bulbs in my kitchen range hood and the doorstep.

I was able to "pull out" the fixture in the doorstep (see photo) but still can't get to the bulb. And I can't seem to figure out how to remove the plastic cover over the range hood light. 

Does anyone have suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance,

Lenny

IMG_0161.JPG

That is a standard tag light fixture the bulb fixture attaches from the back it is a force fit probably pretty rusty at this point you may not be able to get it out at  this point but an auto parts store should have a replacement fixture assembly.

Thanks @Maineah!

It's definitely rusted, as you can see in the photo on the carpet it's attached to. It's not just a friction fit but there are "teeth" from the metal plate that are bent to wrap around the light. I've bent them back open, but it still doesn't come out. Maybe some WD-40 will help.

I can't seem to find anything exactly like it on Amazon, but this (link) seems pretty similar.

Toss the whole mess the tabs should be inside you should be able to pull the bulb and housing out from the lens part any auto parts store will have the entire fixture just show them the old one.  

Thanks! I'll try to remove it with WD-40 this weekend and if my auto parts store doesn't have it I'll order the one from Amazon. 

21 hours ago, linda s said:

I replaced the one in my Nissan. Got the whole unit at local O'riellys. Cost less than 10 bucks

Including the face plate?

Yeah the whole light. Just needed to attach the wires and screw it back in. Was quite a while ago though. As I remember tit was missing when I got the rig. The floor and step were completely shot. I just matched the one from my Toyota when I was fixing stuff. We are talking about the step light right? Did you ever get the plastic off the stove top light. That was a pain for me too. I thought I was going to break it. It was just glued on with years of grease. Plastic putty knife around the outside edge will loosen it

Linda S