Lounge Chairs Platform

jetalkington

My Sunrader had bench seats on one side of the house, across from the sofa.  I have wanted the lounge chairs as I am not a fan of bench seats.  I thought due to the fuel fill tube being in the way it was not possible.  However, a couple days ago I found a picture of a Sunrader with the lounge chairs and I noticed they were raised on a platform.  I am hoping this would raise the chair up enough to clear the fuel fill tube.

Does anyone that has the lounge chairs have the dimensions for this platform?  I have been trying to find them but no success. I would appreciate it if someone could get me the measurements so I could see if it is possible to put lounge chairs in my Sunrader when I put back the seating.  It would also have an impact on how I fix the hole in my floor.  I am not sure if it is even possible.

I am pushing hard on my Sunrader as I can only work on it in September and October until I get it insulated. I work to many hours in the summer to be able to do any work on it.

Thanks

Yes, except the one I have a picture of had a table about the same size as my current one.  I should have asked where the fuel fill tube is on the models with the chairs.  Mine is on the passenger side, just behind the passenger door,  but I have a rear door and rear bath. I don't see my floor plan in the image.  It looks like the CG in your image has a rear door and lounge chars but I can't be sure.  I looked at a few pictures of Sunraders with lounge chairs but,  I don't see the fill tube. Maybe they move it to the drivers side.  I didn't expect that.  I can work off the  wheel wells, if need be.

Mine is closest to the RSA. In fact there is a little plastic embossed tape on the outside of mine that has 21-RSA on it. Looks like a dealer label. However, mine is flipped.  Refrig by rear door and kitchen next to bath. I can't imagine they would put the fuel fill tube in the same box as refrigerator & furnace.  Meaning it probably is in a different location. I din't realize they would move it around. Sounds like a lot of trouble.

Here they are. I guess I thought this was the way they were always. Is this not the case?   While we are looking at gas tubes do you know where I could find a new cover for the fuel. This one looks terrible and I have not seen it on any other Sunrader.  

20190920_095225 (Medium).jpg

20190920_095133 (Medium).jpg

I have the same model as you, @jetalkington -- where there is the rear bath, the kitchen on the driver's side, and the fridge on the passenger's side right slightly forward of the entry door - then slightly forward of that is the dinette area.

My gas tank fill is almost exactly where yours is - directly behind the passenger door. When I get home today, I'll take a few pics and show you where everything is located on mine. 🙂

Thanks for the tip on Salon Care. I am going to try that.  

I am not saying my fuel fill was moved. Sorry if I wasn't clear.  I am thinking that they may have moved the gas tank fill to other locations on models other than mine to allow for the door or appliances to be installed up front where my dinette is.  I didn't think they would do that. 

I got to look at mine and the gas tank fill might interfere with me wanting to put lounge chairs in, instead of putting back my bench seats.  The top of the fill tube is above the wheel well. Which I am guessing is the bottom line for the platform.  So I am still trying to get an idea on dimensions of the platform and chairs to see if might clear the top of the fill that would be showing..

Looks like yours. No door on mine - though mine does look a bit newer. I’m thinking a previous owner replaced it at one time.... perhaps did a repair or modification because I noticed there is a leak when I filled up at gas stations bringing it home. I had to fill up real slowly and I saw some fuel drip while filling up - perhaps a hose or elbow or something isn’t angled right? I don’t know. Haven’t really looked into it yet. On my list of things to do.

Thanks I will. My gas fill looks to be colonial white. Wonder what it will look like when done.

BTW: I am guessing you have bench seats in your dinette. Right?  I am still stuck on seeing if I can get the lounge seat to fit. 

I think I hijacked my own thread.

hahah I think you did 

I think my dinette area did have bench seats - but the previous owner had already removed them, so I can't be 100% positive. But I will say that I did have a rather large dinette table that I removed 2 weeks ago. So that makes me think it had the bench seats. That table was big and heavy.

Currently, though I have a captains chair (what I think you're calling a lounge chair?) in the nook to the right of the kitchen. My Sunrader didn't come with a sofa on the driver's side. Instead, it had an additional large closet - then the kitchen - then a captains chair - then the bunk.

I could move the captains chair in the location where one of the old bench seats was and take a pic for you, if you want? But I don't have the table anymore to give you a full idea of the space unfortunately. 

Edited by AmyDC

My curiosity is whether the chair will swivel with out hitting the gas fill pipe.  I planned to do a mock up when I got that far. It would be the location closest to the cab passenger. Where the fuel fill neck is of course.  If you have the time I would appreciate it.

Here’s some pics I grabbed this morning. Pardon the mess, I’m smack dab in the middle of demo.

As you can see, I also have the fuel hose in the same spot - totally bizarre. I’m not sure why it’s like this, but if possible, I want to get it out of the camper and put under the camper. 

I didn’t try moving the captains chair over yet, but I’ll give it a go later.

Has anyone ever come across something like this before? Any ideas on what to do about it?

57E12738-9828-4365-AAF3-D640601ACFFA.jpeg

F82F9080-22B5-45F9-91EF-3B47A0F5EFA8.jpeg

984CC2E2-6A4B-445F-8816-FA8D0D22CD0D.jpeg

9DBF8146-9D34-4DAC-A279-064E2668B486.jpeg

5255EF8B-2C8C-4C2A-9A33-C601A4AFE451.jpeg

AmyDC, thanks for posting this.  I don't have a lot of background with Sunraders. Which why I joined this forum.  I have looked at a lot of pictures of Sunraders and so far it seems the 21 footers with a rear door that this is the normal location for the fuel fill.  I am just going to work around it.  I finished scrapping insulation off my ceiling yesterday so I am ready to start prepping for building.

You don't have to go through trouble of moving the chair.  I have a clean slate now and will build what fits.  I do like your fuel trim better than mine.

Thanks again.

• 1 year later...

Hi! I randomly saw this old post and tho I'd imagine u r past this point,  I have the dimensions of my box that the "captain's" chairs sit on- stock for my rear entry rear kitchen/bath- I measured 'cause I took chairs out for remodel/insulation.

14"high, 22.5" deep, 88" long with my fridge next to one chair.

Chairs on swivels, set at very edge of box  (see pic) 18" from outside edges, 17" from table hole ( I have the funny octagonal number.)

I'm quite interested to see more photos of your project!

IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2577.jpg

IMG_2596.jpg

Oh- also note the mounting tab on  the left has been snipped to fit closer to edge-