Porch light lens replacement

Carol ernst

👋 I need to find a porch light lens cover for my 1985 Toyota new horizon. The porch light is non working, I just want it to look better, as I am giving the whole thing a new lease on life!  Can anyone help me to figure out what I need to buy. It’s only about 3” with a handle underneath.  Thankyfor any assistance so I don’t have to buy a bunch that won’t work!

Hi Carol - Any chance you could post pictures of the current porch light on your rig? Pics will be able to help us recommend something for you. :)

Also, try the "Search" feature near the top of the page (on the right-hand side) to see past threads on a specific topic. I found this thread you might wanna check out:

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my dad's '86 New Horizon, porch light cover really, really bad.  Turns out "Specialty Recreation" brand makes a replacement, and my porch light & handle is apparently a Barqman brand - the porch light lens part number is SR33101 - search on eBay for RV Barqman Lighted Pull Handle and you should find it.

toyo_porch_light_cover.jpg.793aa0118a1a19fa5628797f60dd9edd.jpgtoyo_porch_light_cover_2.jpg.7af0c932ef3aa8552b3e7ffcdce582ea.jpg

Edited by tstockma
clarity

Some things in life annoy me, I bought the Specialty Recreation lens and it lasted about a year and then literally fell apart.  Plastic is suppose to last a 1000 years in the environment,  well Specialty Recreation has developed a miracle plastic.

Total waste of money!   

aaa.PNG

32 minutes ago, jjrbus said:

Some things in life annoy me, I bought the Specialty Recreation lens and it lasted about a year and then literally fell apart.  Plastic is suppose to last a 1000 years in the environment,  well Specialty Recreation has developed a miracle plastic.

Total waste of money!   

aaa.PNG

I'm wondering what happened to the one you bought. I got the same ones and bought several cause I didn't expect them to last. First one I put on is still there and looks fine. 4 or 5 years now

Linda S

JJR, every once in a while, I find a cheap China product where the plastic is defective - bad ingredients, not "cooked" correctly, whatever.  Maybe SR had a bad batch?   I dunno.

Linda, like you, I bought 2 thinking I'd have a backup that way.  The one I put on the home feels great - not sticky, flexible, seems fine out of the package.

...time will tell!

9 hours ago, linda s said:

I'm wondering what happened to the one you bought. I got the same ones and bought several cause I didn't expect them to last. First one I put on is still there and looks fine. 4 or 5 years now

Linda S

I also had an issue with the plastic in the replacement roof vent I bought, lasted about a year and then disintegrated.   I replaced that with metal..

If I had bought the lens off Ebay I would figure it was fake.  But no, bought on Amazon.