😉      I am seeking to purchase a Toyota motorhome in the future and I do want the  V-6 motor. A shop owner that I trust , that only works on Toyota and lexus , told me that regardless of miles on that engine, they will eventually need a new top-end  if they sit and are not run often enough. A rough estimate of around $3000 for a new top-end on that motor. I am looking for other opinions on this motors dependability. Have you had good luck with your V-6 ? How many miles have you gone without any major repairs ?  Thank You for any replies. 

Mine has 91,376 miles no major repair just maintenance. Did have the valves adjusted at 73k, the exhaust definitely needed it. It runs very well even pulling a 1500# boat. No oil burning.

Darrel

20180731_171746.jpg

As near as I can tell,  V6 motors that are not maintained will have problems.

If the valves are not adjusted at the recommended 60,000 miles they will eventually burn up.

People that maintain the V6 report 200,000 to 300,000 miles with no major issues.

Valve adjustment is a bit expensive and many do not do it.   I have yet to hear anyone say they checked the valves at 60,000 mile and they did not need adjusting.