Can you add a propane 'outlet' to the built in tank?

I know this can be done on other rigs, but as the regulator on my built in tank is right next to the shut off, I'm not sure if it is possible to add a T connector to the line. I'm wanting to be able to use a propane fire pit while out and about during fire ban season, which seems to be most of the summer now. BUT, I don't want to have to bring along the extra tank due to space and weight issues. Has anyone done this? Thanks!

40 minutes ago, LittleShack said:

I know this can be done on other rigs, but as the regulator on my built in tank is right next to the shut off, I'm not sure if it is possible to add a T connector to the line. I'm wanting to be able to use a propane fire pit while out and about during fire ban season, which seems to be most of the summer now. BUT, I don't want to have to bring along the extra tank due to space and weight issues. Has anyone done this? Thanks!

Try “ Propane Warehouse “. They have LP accessories for just about everything. Very reasonably priced.

• 2 months later...

Get you an "extend a stay" kit  to add into your  Propane Line going to your appliances and that should help you do what you intend to do. It is made to be able to hook a 20 Lb tank to your built-in tank when you run out of propane, thus "extend a stay" . It also has a port to hook a hose for lights or stove or other propane accessory .  But the proper 'T' might be all you need.  I ordered me one from camping world but not installed it yet.

Edited by Homer