I recently (January 2019) changed my tires on my 86' Sunrader to some STA Super Traxion E78-14LT and what a difference in the rain, snow and mud. They fit well in the rear and have very little bulging so im not worried about them rubbing. And in the front i haven't had any clearance issues. The biggest improvement is braking in wet condition and traction in the snow. Other than being a little noisy, I think they are totally worth it.

IMG_0292.JPG

IMG_0282.JPG

LB245-ST_0223-L.jpg

Specs.PNG

Untitled.png

Tires.PNG

IMG_0283.JPG

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Do they impact your fuel economy at all (negatively, would be my concern)?

They’re bias ply, not radial. Bias tires tend to heat up quickly compared to radials. If you’re planning on doing any amount of highway driving, these would not be a good choice.

If you read the manufactures warning after clicking the link you will see that this type of tire is designed more for industrial applications. 

I feel the combination of aggressive tread and bias design would not be well suited for our rigs. Just my 2 cents worth.

This is an older thread and while I would not run them, looking at where this unit goes I can understand the desire to run them.

Yeah,  mpg likely suffers a little bit but it beats getting stuck or sliding off the road.

• 1 month later...

Hey @mpanzar, any update on these tires? Done any highway driving? Notice anything? How's the tread holding up? These tires look like absolute beasts. Wondering if they will run nicely on my front, with my General Grabber ATX on the rear dualys.

• 1 month later...

@HoneyTrek sorry for the late response. So far so good. Ive got several thousand miles on them now. They are bit noisy but my sunrader stops a lot better with them compared to the 365s i was running before. tread still looks great.  

• 2 years later...
On 9/20/2021 at 9:44 AM, mpanzar said:

@HoneyTrek sorry for the late response. So far so good. Ive got several thousand miles on them now. They are bit noisy but my sunrader stops a lot better with them compared to the 365s i was running before. tread still looks great.  

@mpanzarBuilding my first sunrader (1984 720 chassis) Are these tires still holding up well on your rig? Also how bad is the noise? Is it annoying on long trips, I plan on doing lots of multi state trips so will be sitting on the highway for many hours before hitting the dirt to find camp. Ive got 31inch hybrid mud/allterrain Mickey Thompsons on my 4x4 yota, so I’m used to a little tire noise, but usually can’t hear much with the windows up in my 4x4. I love the look and capability of these on the sunraders!

Edited by Hpycmpr