Toyota part numbers for Brakes, Axles, Suspension, etc

By the way you have been such a wonderful giving resource through with this process over these last two years and I am just wanting to say another thank you

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Left handed is only for the 1986 dually wheels and only on the rear drivers side. I'm betting yours isn't one of those. when I say 6 hand holes or three, I'm talking about the actual wheels the tires are on. There are holes around the side of the wheels. Either 6 or 3. All other dually Toyota's have 3 holes except for the 86 has 6. Easy to check. And your welcome. 

Linda S

• 3 weeks later...

I am about to depart on a decently long trip and recently noticed that my drivers side rear hub is running a little hotter than the passenger side.  I'm hoping to be able to purchase the bearings/seals and brake parts to have on hand just in case something goes wrong along the way. I will bring  a laser thermometer to take semi regular readings of the hubs to make sure if anything seems to be getting worse, but I was wondering if anyone had a operating temperature range for the rear hubs? Also im looking at the rear axle parts diagram and do not see the 2 different seals that were provided in the parts list at the beginning of this thread, can someone explain where the 2 different seals go? I have done this job once before, but it was 10 years ago now and don't exactly remember. The other parts I have had a difficult time locating were the 2 bearings, does anyone have a Part number/source for those? I kept some empty boxes that i believe are the parts numbers for the bearings i need seen in the photos, can anyone confirm. Thanks!

16206591111897532687059747588900.jpg

Taking all the stuff to do a brake job on the road sounds excessive. Checking the front brakes for wear can be done pretty quickly. If all looks good try replacing the flexible brake lines in the front that go to the wheel cylinder. They can get clogged and narrow so when you release the brake it doesn't snap back all the way. This can cause heat buildup. Mine were so clogged the brakes just froze and I couldn't move. Had to let them cool down and drive a few miles and repeat until I got somewhere I could fix them. What a pain. Most people just do the brakes and never think about the 30 year old lines. 

Linda S

40 minutes ago, linda s said:

Taking all the stuff to do a brake job on the road sounds excessive. Checking the front brakes for wear can be done pretty quickly. If all looks good try replacing the flexible brake lines in the front that go to the wheel cylinder. They can get clogged and narrow so when you release the brake it doesn't snap back all the way. This can cause heat buildup. Mine were so clogged the brakes just froze and I couldn't move. Had to let them cool down and drive a few miles and repeat until I got somewhere I could fix them. What a pain. Most people just do the brakes and never think about the 30 year old lines. 

Linda S

Yea brake lines are a wise thought for sure. Front brakes are fine and parts are readily available. I have replaced the master cylinder once already due to a leaky seal. I am stopping at a few friends houses on the way and I will have a full auto shop to use when I get to my destination which is gerlach nevada, and I will be there for 2.5 months so I will have some time to work on things, however there are no auto parts stores for many miles. Having parts on hand will be my main priority at this point. Do you have part numbers for the brake lines/ the bearings? Thanks!

Most parts for our duallies aren't available in auto parts stores anyway. Rock Auto will have what you need and you can have it shipped to your friends house so it's waiting for you there. Just look at brake hose then bearings in this section. 

1991 TOYOTA PICKUP 3.0L V6 Brake & Wheel Hub | RockAuto

For seals scroll down to wheel seals

Linda S

On 5/12/2020 at 3:15 AM, linda s said:

No just the rear tires. When I've had tires installed I literally hover outside the door to make sure they listened to me and you must always tell anyone who is going to remove the tires. Lots of members have ended up with sheared off studs from repair guys who didn't know or didn't listen

Linda S

Okay, apologize for off thread, but not sure where else to post. I just bought a 22mm tire iron, and the nut only goes maybe 1/3 the way into the tire iron.

I thought I was getting a 15/16 iron, but alas no...

Any wisdom on tire irons? 15/16 seems a tough find

Checked mine and they are definitely 15/16 but a search of the site shows some people have different sizes. Maybe those who put new lug nuts on, I don't know but Mine are original for an 86. If you can't find them locally your going to need to shop online

Linda S

I have asked many times about lug nuts for the unicorn 86, 6 handhole wheels.  They take a flanged, not conical lug nut.    Dorman shows 610-339 lug stud which is the same as my 93.  A M14-1.50 thread.  But they list a 12 mm lug nut for it.

If anyone has found a fanged lug nut that they have used would like to have the part # to keep in my files as it comes up every now and then.     I have seen this or that might work but hesitant to recommend anything.     image.png.8129c495d33fefa8c3851680601920d6.png

Edited by jjrbus

Some years, not all, Tundra's used the 14 x 1.5 cone lug nut . Perfect for 87 through 93 models and available at any auto parts store. They take a 22mm lug wrench. Alas the 86 is not so easy to find. Online seems to be the only option for a flat nut

Linda S

I don't need lug nuts I need a tire iron. I tried to buy a 15/16 one online and it is a little small...they sent a 22mm instead, saying it was equivalent

9 hours ago, cannante said:

I don't need lug nuts I need a tire iron. I tried to buy a 15/16 one online and it is a little small...they sent a 22mm instead, saying it was equivalent

No it's not even close. Just shy of 24mm , 23.83 to be exact. 

Linda S

Here they have them and warehouses on both coasts 

https://www.roverparts.com/wheels-tires/wheel-tools/318/

Can sit with a computer and compare MM vs SAE sizes.  Some are within a few thousandths of an inch and interchangeable. 15/16 and 22mm are not even close!  I do not carry a lug wrench,  prefer a socket, extension and breaker bar.   I have no intention of changing my own tire,  ERS is farmed out to the lowest bidder and do not trust them to show up with a 23 mm socket.  Average mm socket set does not contain a 23mm socket.

image.png.150e2f78910cb96c2019f165d64890e0.png

On 5/15/2021 at 5:51 AM, linda s said:

No it's not even close. Just shy of 24mm , 23.83 to be exact. 

Linda S

Here they have them and warehouses on both coasts 

https://www.roverparts.com/wheels-tires/wheel-tools/318/

Once again, Linda S for the win

😘😘😘😍😍

• 2 months later...
On 5/10/2021 at 5:19 PM, linda s said:

Most parts for our duallies aren't available in auto parts stores anyway. Rock Auto will have what you need and you can have it shipped to your friends house so it's waiting for you there. Just look at brake hose then bearings in this section. 

1991 TOYOTA PICKUP 3.0L V6 Brake & Wheel Hub | RockAuto

For seals scroll down to wheel seals

Linda S

So, everything is definitely better than it was now that I have brakes rotors drums and shoes.

I was considering doing the lines, but then a friend of mine said that it is way too complicated for a novice

Am I missing something?

• 4 weeks later...

Defrag4

How do i find out if my 90 V6 3.0 is a 3VZE?  Need to confirm I'm getting the correct airbag kit.

Sincerely,

Odie

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Performance Friction 0438-30 FRONT Brake Pads - 1989-1992 Toyota Pickup RWD 1TON

on epay for $20 now, are the only pads I would trust on this monstrosity…

• 4 months later...

I can't find "front bearing dust caps" mentioned anywhere in this thread. Anybody want to recommend a specific part or know what size is a good fit, possibly?

4 hours ago, linda s said:

Is this what your talkiing about? Only thing on the Toyota site that seems like the same thing.

43514-35010 - Toyota Parts Deal

Cheap, might as well buy the real thing.

Linda S

Yep, that’s it: dust cover or dust cap. Lost one on the road and don’t want to drive with the bearing exposed, etc. Was hoping it was a standard, readily available size…

On 7/6/2023 at 10:42 PM, linda s said:

Any Toyota dealership. Used on more than just the dually trucks so they should have them in stock.

Linda S

Thanks, Linda. Local parts counter got one next-day: 43514-35010-86

2D56D880-60FE-423A-8619-79E6CAFA151B.jpeg.91a78ff8e40e01bc402ccebe1f697d29.jpeg

• 4 months later...

been having issues with my rear brakes, 7 years after changing them out so revisiting my own thread here, got 1 side apart yesterday and found they still looked basically brand new, found my star adjuster is completely seized and was not adjusting the brakes properly! I expect to find the other side completely cooked

Going to try and soak it for a while in PB Blaster to get it to free up

Adding Toyota part numbers for rear 1-ton brake star adjuster here

RH Side- 47405-30020

LH Side- 47406-30020

Edited by defrag4

• 3 weeks later...

Part Number for Front Ebrake cable - 1992 3.0 V6, should fit all the 3vze campers

51LRppJi+TL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

OEM: 46410-35710

Dorman C660248

Amazon Articway brand: https://amzn.to/3R9Fa0T

This is the cable that connects to the handbrake in the cab, it runs through the firewall and eventually splits off into 2 other cables under the truck that run to each drum brake. Cable is ~46 inches end to end

Mine was seized solid, I could not pull my ebrake at all, and no amount of PB Blaster could save it

Edited by defrag4