Fuel leaks when filling

V6 Seabreeze 92

I need some help with one of my issues on 92 Toyota Seabreeze V6. when I fill fuel: If the fuel pump nosel does not stop at right when full, I see fuel dripping on the ground. Some times more than others. 

A closer look at the hoses and where it comes out I beleive it is where the fuel hose is attached to the tank. 

Clamp is tight enough but the hose seems to be old and rough/cracked under the clamp. There is another hose smaller size right next to it. I do not know what it is and what it does. 

My first choice will be to replace the fuel hose. And the second smaller hose. 

I am looking for a resource for this hose and any advise of what to do and not to do. Attached are few photos of what is there. Any advise will be appreciated. 

Photo 1: is hose coming from the flue cap.

Photo 2: shows main fuel hose and smaller hose at the fuel tank.

Photo 3: Main fuel hose going to the fuel tank. 

Photo 4: Main Fuel hose At the tank

993E58D7-AFDB-469B-8330-B3A6F5D4C054.jpeg.adcaa217e1ff03ff06c79645c710c972.jpeg21D0463B-8AC3-446B-A42E-668BC7A2019B.jpeg.c161bb2f8cb4abe8dedd02c69d4ab737.jpeg9AE263D6-8F48-46E0-8B29-9F196E193B86.jpeg.2abf085309851e1b07ccfb8e5b2bd47d.jpegCEDE6C21-EC0D-433F-8EDF-BA3473581151.jpeg.418db891e92663350351f7d0a8b9ef75.jpeg

28C923EC-103D-4DF6-99F4-65C5A7231ABC.jpeg

E2031E5F-E913-46C8-8911-E4A09C1C9FD1.jpeg

Pull both hoses off and take them to NAPA, they will give you the proper size and length.  It isn't cheap stuff so bring your wallet, typically about $25 a foot.  Get new hose clamps too!  

Ditto Odyssey 4x4.

Make sure you tell them it is for a gas tank, I once had a counter person try to sell me a straight radiator type hose even though I told him I wanted hose for a gas tank.
You might have to make some cuts in the ends of the old hoses to get them released. Slit the end of the hose then get a screwdriver into the slit and pry the hose away from the fitting. Older hoses tend to get rigamortis and sometimes have to be somewhat chopped up to get out. I have never felt it was a fun job. If your on your back watch out for the crude into your eyeball. 

Never use a drop light with a regular incandescent or CFL light bulb. I have a friend who was under his car working on a gas line, gas ran down his hand and arm to his body. He accidently knocked the drop light onto the floor breaking the bulb setting himself on fire!

I thank you all very much for the information provided by few members. It is very helpful.

I am sort of new to this site and very impressed by the knowledge of many of the members and how efficiently questions get answered. It is tremendous help and very much appreciated.

We are very enthusiastic about our Toy homes!  You should see how we wave to one another when we drive past each other on the street.  

those hoses look like the ones I threw away. and the problem I had was a bad gasoline stink in the camper . not safe at all .

Hi All

I am having issues and could use further advise :

I finally got around to removing the existing hoses, which was no fun as there is no space to put anything to work with. Got the hoses out, got replacement hoses from O'Reillys in the neighbourhood. Installed the Vent hose on the gas Tank. 

The problem started with 2" ID reinforced like Dayco Fuel hose. It is clamped tight on the Tank. Connecting the other side has become a problem as the hose is bendable but rather stiff. 

Bending new hose creates Kinks in two places one near the tank and other near the fill area. Without the curve the hose will not fit.

Existing hose has a S Curve to fit. See photo below:

I installed and reinstalled the hose couple of times and still have not found a way to create a smooth curve to fit.

I started with a bit longer hose than existing first, then cut it to match the length and now a tad shorter but still cannot get rid of the KINKS. 

Any ideas will be appreciated. 

EC6DB18B-B863-45F6-9D81-F239719B77AD.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

when I did my 87 dolphin I put the hose on the top filler neck first. then stuffed the hoses and filler neck in . then put them on the tank.  I lowered my tank down , somewhat not all the way on a floor jack.  you can make splice couplers out of exauest pipe if needed .