I have a 1992 21ft Winnebago Warrior with 46K miles. It has basic interior in the cab to include plastic floor mat throughout.  Everything works as it should; however, when I drive it on hilly roads either in or out of overdrive the tunnel between seats in the cab can become very hot. I had the transmission fluid changed but it didnt seem to run any cooler. Is this an issue that i need to be concerned with?

No that's fairly normal more than likely it's the catalytic converter they make lots of heat particularly in the hills.

3 hours ago, Maineah said:

No that's fairly normal more than likely it's the catalytic converter they make lots of heat particularly in the hills.

The SOP is to remove the seats and carpet. Then lay down a couple layers of Reflextic ( silvered bubble wrap). Then reinstall the carpets and seats. This doesn't fix the problem but at least it keeps the heat and some of the noise outside.

2 hours ago, linda s said:

He said he had a standard plastic floor covering right now. I don't think I've ever seen one of these without factory carpet. Maybe someone already took padding out and it is getting hotter than normal

Linda S

My 91 Warrior has plastic-vinyl cab floor. Looks factory. 

Reflextic still will work, even under the vinyl

Looks like my post didn't go through.

What I said, my Warrior v6 gets very warm above the transmission area. Do not have a cat any more, no emissions here. So the heat is from the transmission.Darrel

Ok the trans is sitting right in front of the seats no matter what it is going to be engine temp so 180* only because it's kind of bolted to it don't forget these things are trucks and cheap ones at that not a upscale car they kind of lack creature comforts so it's up to the owner to deal with what they figure to be tolerable. Might try the bubble stuff backed with silver foil.

All: Thank-you for the info.  Yes, it has factory plastic flooring, vice carpet.  Includes most other options though and the plastic is pretty easy to keep clean.  Seats are that really pretty factory aqua/turquoise color velour type material throughout :) .  I will check into the silver bubble wrap material option, as it is like having the heater on during a warm summer day.